Anyone fle these timings before

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Looking at booking the following flight with singapore and wondering if anyone has flown this flight before, basically take off from Adelaide and get into Heathrow the SAME day, if so was you knackered as its a 55 minute wait in Singapore.

Dep Adelaide 07.20

Arr Singapore 12.00

Dep Singapore 12.55

arr Heathrow 19.05

stevo

Funnily enough, my brother went home on these flights on Tuesday. It's fine as long as you're not delayed getting into Singapore. He said it was great as there was no waiting around. Although someone was sat in his seat when he got on in Singapore and wouldn't budge.

When we booked him on it in the office in the cbd, they said that it was only put on at seasonal times like Xmas. So not sure if it's permanent or not.

Cor I'd never fly that. Always fly out of Adelaide around lunchtime to hit the evening timezone in Singapore and land UK morning. Much more civilised. Although you could then simply head away from the airport to bed somewhere and sleep for 12 hours.

I've done the short refuel stopover though and hated it. 45 mins kicked off the plane to get back on and fly on. About the only thing in its favour is so long as its the same plane all the way through and no flight changes then you don't have to worry about missing the connecting flight if there is a delay.

Guest Guest5035

Thanks, just seen it and thinking of flying a week monday, might give singas a ring and see what happens if the flight into Singas is late, as picking up car at Heathrow or coach

Stevo

I didn't know there was an early morning departure out of Adelaide, but I've done the lunchtime departure from Singapore/KL arriving Heathrow early evening several times (after a stopover) and it's so much better than a night flight out of Singapore. However instead of an empty-ish early morning Heathrow you do have to cope with arriving at a busy time, with an immigration hall (T3) possibly packed full of arrivals from Europe. The good thing is that by the time you get to your destination it's dark and time for bed!

Re crowds at arrivals in Heathrow, Stevo, if you have your expired British passport, take that with you as well as your Aussie one, then you can go through the 'British' passports queue at Heathrow if it's shorter than the 'Foreigners' queue. They told us that as long as you have a valid document that you are travelling on (i.e. your indate Aussie one), your expired British passport still allows you to use that queue.