I'm sick......

Guest RobJ1978

Guest RobJ1978

of people being so negative :mad:.

since we told our parents, Dad has been negative about the move...15 months down the line he is now saying we wont sell the house...i can put up with him being negative because he is hurting HOWEVER i have just been to tell our neighbour as i didnt just want him to see the for sale sign going up...me being nice and all...and he said well you'll be lucky to sell your house, you might only get 45,000 for it! Then i told my friend and her boyfriend said 'oh you'll find it tough'....just told school and he said 'oh' and that was it! (now we are a small school and it is threatened with closure, here is the link if any of you fancy supporting us and signing our petition http://www.change.org/petitions/captain-shaws-ce-primary-school-prevent-closure ) but i expected a bit more than 'oh'

Am i just expecting too much?

Anyway tonight we are going to have a bottle of bubbly and celebrate the Visa we got last week.....cheers

Nic

Guest Dazzlin

Nic,

I think it's inevitable - no-one wants to lose their loved ones. Have you been watching the latest series of Wanted Down Under? Most of the left-behind relatives' videos seem to be made up of people thinking of themselves, although you do get the odd one that says "go for it". Watching these has prompted me to think of it from their perspective which is a bit of a reality check, but I would be surprised if any of them would actually want to talk you out of going (and expect they would have no hesitation if the situation was reversed).

Re the house sale, things are difficult at the moment, but we put our house on the market in the first week of December and had sold it by the end of the second week. There aren't many buyers out there but, more importantly, there are fewer sellers. We had 5 viewings and 4 made offers. If your house is desirable and fairly priced, there are always people out there looking.

Good luck!

Guest Angie12

'' CONGRATULATIONS '' :wink:

Sounds like you need some positive responses so , don't worry about anyone without a nice word to say its your life nobody elses and do whatever you like ,

We are due to move about mid Feb and i really don't care anymore about peoples responses , i've had both for and against the move with friends , which has been very difficult at times not knowing if we should mention it or even talk about it !!! But we have had a great response from family members who , yes will miss us all loads but understand why we are doing this and support us totally :jiggy:

You celebrate your visas and enjoy it , you deserve it and good luck with the move :cool:

Congratulations! Enjoy the bubbly and you'll soon be starting your new life in Oz.

Try not to let others negitivity get you down.Some are understandably wrapped up in their own emotions of how the move will effect them and i think in some ways they wack you with the whole wave in a constant stream.There are others that are a bit jelous you've got the guts to do something they have only dreamed of.

With regard to your parents try not to worry as i'm sure they will have a change of heart when they see how happy and settled you are.My mum was dead against the move and said and done some things that lead to serious fall outs between us. We have been here 6 months and spoken regulary on skype where we still had the odd negative comments thrown in. Now they have just been over and spent a few weeks with us for christmas and she has had a massive change of heart.She now keeps telling us how she can now see it was deffinately the right move for us and can see how happy we are and what a better life we can have here,evn though she misses us. Good luck with the move.I'm sure you will love it here.

Hi Nic!

Congratulations on your visas! Great news! And enjoy the well-deserved bubbly!

You might remember how desperate I was last weekend when I felt that nothing was happening with our house sale (you kindly commented on my post!) and this week we've had 2 offers - OK, they're not staggering but they are still offers - with 2 more viewings still to go this weekend. So I'm feeling positive again!

This whole process seems to go in fits and starts....such an emotional roller-coaster with highs followed by lows then back to highs again. If it was that easy then many more people would do it, I'm sure. I'm sure that your family will come round in the end - my OH's family were devastated when he first told them about the move but they now seem to accept that it is what we want and are supporting us. It's only because they love you that they are finding it hard....

All the best with the next stage towards living the dream!

Love Lyn x

We left the kids great-grandma in the UK who doted on the kids. She lived about five hours away from us and one day, I counted 175 photos of the kids just in her kitchen.

When we told her we were leaving, she was brilliant and massively supportive but asked that we didn't go and say goodbye. She wanted the kids to remember her smile - she explained that she didn't want their last picture of her to be of a blubbering, broken woman. Bringing tears to my eyes just typing this.

She's 86 now and still breaks down on the phone when we call.

Don't get too hard over those that are negative - people cope in different ways when they find out you are leaving.

It is a massive loss for some - don't let it cause too much friction.

Good luck.

When we told her we were leaving, she was brilliant and massively supportive but asked that we didn't go and say goodbye. She wanted the kids to remember her smile - she explained that she didn't want their last picture of her to be of a blubbering, broken woman. Bringing tears to my eyes just typing this.

Oh God, me too and I don't even know her (or you!)

What an amazing woman she sounds.

Oh God, me too and I don't even know her (or you!)

What an amazing woman she sounds.

Diane, you're not wrong. Her attitude and outlook on life put's many people to shame.

Note to self. Keep off delicate subjects whilst at work........"I think I've got something in my eye - no....I'm not crying"

Tony

Guest RobJ1978

Thanks guys for spending time reading my post. I feel a little more positive today...i need to tell my daughters best friends parents tonight and i know there will be tears as she is very emotional...the mother not the daughter. But your right this is our decision, and our life.

Dan: What is Morphettville like? Is that near FlindersHospital?

Tori: Bubbles were very much enjoyed thank you, bit of a headache this morning...can't have had enough ;)

Dazzli: yeah have been watching down under, and it always makes me mad how people can't just say go and enjoy it...we will be here for you but you do what you have to do for your family. ha ha ha...maybe im just dreaming and being in a idealistic world.

Angie: Thanks for the positivity, good luck with your move

ebstar: Wow what a turn around from your mum, hope that happens with my parents!

Lyn: Congrats on the offers and good luck for the other viewings. I am realising it is a roller coaster of emotions and actually getting the Visa was the easy part....although it didn't feel it at the time!

Kildorragh: Yep im in tears too...she sounds amazing and really strong. I guess i have to understand that it must have been a massive shock to them and i shouldn't get to hung up on their instant reaction.

Thanks guys....i knew i could count on PIA!

Nic.x.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, use the negativeness to your advantage and feed off it to make the will to succeed even more.

Sure it can get quite hard and scary out here some more than others, hell we should know lol.....

Alot of people get jealous pf what your doing and some people are just caring for their loved ones as they dnt want them to get hurt, we had heaps of support before we came here and we have made some extra special friends since we have been here, they are more like family know.....we share the great times and the bad low times...without these guys i dunno how we would have coped tbh....

Hang on in there the good outweighs the bad imo.....

Keep focused on why your doing what your doing chase your dreams catch them hold them tight and never let them go....

HG

Guest RobJ1978

HI,

Just a very quick update:

Our for sale sign went up on Thursday and today we had a viewer who has put an offer in straight at the asking price!!! Obviously we have accepted!

:jiggy:

Nic.x.

Congratulations on getting your Visa and enjoy your bubbly.

You are always going to get mixed reactions from people, some it is a coping mechanism, some it is jealousy and some just don't think they will cope without you. Probably at the moment, they think it will not happen and thats why the negativity.

We had mixed reactions. Our next door neighbour but one who is Polish didn't want us to go because she said we were the only ones that spoke to her and that we would be be back (I don't think so!!!).

My Nan was brilliant and was when my parents left for Cyrpus nearly 10 years ago. I ring her once a month and she always breaks down on the phone to hear my voice and says it makes her day. We both get upset but get over it and put the world to rights. My Uncle was great with me but a real nightmare with my parents and said that they were leaving him to sort everything out with my Nan and how could they be so selfish. I expected that and didn't get it, thank heavens.

Once they get used to the idea, it will be fine. you do not have to justify yourself to anyone. You are making this decision for your futures and no-one can slate that.

Good luck with it all

Guest Kazzarazza
HI,

Just a very quick update:

Our for sale sign went up on Thursday and today we had a viewer who has put an offer in straight at the asking price!!! Obviously we have accepted!

:jiggy:

Nic.x.

... and I hope you went straight round to your neighbour and went "Wooo Hooo". A bit naughty, I know, but it might make you feel better, lol.

Congratulations.