Harvest Festival at McLaren Vale on Sat 14th Jan

Guest Roo1

If you wasn't aware, McLaren Vale is holding its annual Harvest Festival this Saturday! :jiggy:

It starts at 10am (official opening at 11am by the Governer of South Australia, Kevin Scarce).

You'll see many stalls with local Food and Wine for sale (and tasters), local live bands and plenty of entertainment for the kids.

So, if you are at a loose end tomorrow why not pop on over! Might see you there.

For more details go to www.harvestfestivalmclarenvale.com.au

Judi x

Hiya Lisa,

Yes, I'll be taking the boys as Zac is facintated with Pony's at the moment and I believe the Rainbow Pony club will be there. Thomas is also a big fan of MIX 102.3 radio station, so will be stalking their hub as well (he managed to get a shout out last time and was chuffed to bits).

Its a good one for us adults too with the free wine and food tasting!! I'll be first in the queue, lol.

Text me if you are about and we'll meet up.

J x

Eeeeeek - can't be in 2 places at once. Planning to go on the Sailors walk at Coromandel Valley!

http://www.coroalive.org.au/

May try to get along there later if they haven't packed up!

Or if I haven't drunk the stalls dry.......hiccup! :biggrin:

Jtct....maybe you should start a new post about the Sailors walk, so people know about that one too?

Have a great day!

J x

Just realised the walk is tomorrow so have spent most of the day at McLaren Vale!

Where else but Australia could you have a wine spitting competition followed by a Masterclass in Winetasting! Had 4 hours there and the crowds were still pouring in when we left. Bought a lovely chilli plant with 7/10 strength golden chillis on - just planted it out in a large pot in full sun. 6 chillis on at the moment and hopefully more to come.

Posting a video on YouTube later so will give you a link!

Enjoyed McLaren Festival yesterday and did the Coro walk this morning before popping into the city to see the Cycle village.

Friends of ours arriving in 2 hours for the Tour Down Under (a few days earlier than I thought so its all systems go). Will seem strange having so many people around (they have 4 children!)

(coro walk)

(wine spitting)