Kindness.

Sallyh

Saw some kindness on another thread just now (Riponian offering hospitality to another member who was in a fix). And I was just thinking of finding to say somewhere on PIA that we have received amazing blessing through kindness of strangers / quasi-strangers in the past week - in a way that we can't have imagined but also in a way we know we would do for others (and have) when the need arose.

One of the most amazing blessings we received was from a newly arrived PIA member who contacted me through my profile just to say hello (after they couldn't make the park meet the other week) and instead of it turning out as I had planned (I planned to make food and deliver it to them as they moved into their first home with container arrived etc) it has been turned totally on its head. Much support for us in difficult circs (post car accident), friendly texts, good wishes, and an immediate offer of help. They brought food, had a lovely visit, and have even offered their car to borrow, before we'd first me them.

PIA at its best, and friendship at its best too. So glad to be able to share in a community with this spirit running through it, and just want to say thanks to those that run and facilitate the forum - and to those PIA members who are ready at the drop of a hat or with a tiny bit of notice to help others out. I am on the wrong side of that fence right now for my liking but hopefully have also done my bit in the past - and intend to continue.

Absolutely. And I still remain eternally grateful to 3 workmen from 2 different vehicles who stopped to help me last week. Didn't think twice letting them help my children and they were so decent they didn't leave till I said they were free to go. 20 mins later they drove past and beeped - they'd come back just to check on me. Godsend. They exist on the roads too!!!!

Absolutely. And I still remain eternally grateful to 3 workmen from 2 different vehicles who stopped to help me last week. Didn't think twice letting them help my children and they were so decent they didn't leave till I said they were free to go. 20 mins later they drove past and beeped - they'd come back just to check on me. Godsend. They exist on the roads too!!!!

Sally

Don't know what happened to you but hope it wasn't too serious and you and children OK.

Sarah

Guest ladyarkles

Hope you are all "in one piece"!

I agree, there are some great people on PIA; very kind and supportive.

That is what makes it a community, I suppose.

~ Rachel