Adult Learner License Holder - compulsory 75 hrs

sunnyside

Hi,

Just wanted to check if you have any info or experience as to how an adult migrant who has recently obtained a Learner License can make up the compulsary 75 hours to qualify for a P license.

It seems an instructor can give driving lessons but he can't do the compulsary hours?!

Appreicate any info.

Mari

Anytime you drive as a Learner, with a qualified driver alongside you, make a note of it in the log book, get the qualified driver to sign it off with a note of their license number, and just keep doing that till you reach the 75! If you don't have a friend/partner/acquaintance who can sit alongside you while you're getting your hours up, then I guess you just have to keep paying an instructor for that number of hours!

Don't know where they've got that about the instructor not being able to do the hours - every time you have a lesson with an instructor he should sign off the hours you have driven with him.

Hi

The other option would be to have several lessons with an instructor & when you feel ready take the test with an examiner - you don't have to do the 75 hrs driving then just enough for you to pass.

Tracey

Actually you DO have to do the 75 hours now, even if you take the test! Before you can get your Ps either by the log book method or the test method (VORT) you have to have 75 hours driving experience, however good you are.

Hi Andy is due to get his p's in feb lucky I drive so I fill in his log book when he does the driving. Also to note its 6 mths as well as 75 hrs on a learners permit if your over I think the age is 25yr. He has had some 2 hr lesson with a driving instructor so he can get some parts signed of but the driving instructor also fills in the log part for the lesson as well.

Hope this helps

Lisa