Broadband at Christies Beach ?

minty

Guest Guest75
Anyone around the Christies Beach area who can recomend a phone and broadband provider and costs please. Also do you go to the company you are going with to connect the line or through Telstra ?

Thanks, Chris.

Have a look at.................

http://whirlpool.net.au/

It should have all the decent providers and if they do a good deal in your area.

TPG do some cracking deals at times............

Anyone around the Christies Beach area who can recomend a phone and broadband provider and costs please. Also do you go to the company you are going with to connect the line or through Telstra ?

Thanks, Chris.

Hi

We had a dongle first through Optus and that was terrible and kept dropping out. Could not speak on skype for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Did a lot of asking around etc and couldn't find a package that we wanted that we thought was cheap enough. We ended up with Telstra - had problems getting connected and numerous engineers out and Niki paying numerous visits to them to get things rights. They did put themselves out but only after a good nagging. All good now but sort of have you over a barrel as there are not as many phone providers here as UK.

I've recently changed over to TPG a couple of months ago and they have been good thus far. I live closer to the city though. They do ask what area you live in so they can do a check. I also have a home phone so they were able to check via my phone number whether the coverage was going to be good.

Hi

Just to say, specify exactly what you want it for. We use ours for broadband and the fax line for work, but we do not have a physical phone that we use and use our mobiles, did not have a connection charge as there was a phoneline there although inactive and charge us $78 pcm

Cheers guys. I currently have access via a dongle and although I can Skype it does drop out and there is a lag. Will get broadband when I can work out who is the cheapest at a reasonable connection rate.

Chris.

Hi

Just to say, specify exactly what you want it for. We use ours for broadband and the fax line for work, but we do not have a physical phone and use our mobiles, did not have a connection charge as there was a phoneline there although inactive and charge us $78 pcm

Thanks for the tip. We don't really need a phone line either just the connection speed.

Chris.

Guest shella_n

Hi chris

At Christies beach you will need to get a phone line if you want Internet as they only do Adsl 1 down your street I'm afraid ( well that what my provider told me anyway) and you can't get VoIP etc yet

Try Adam Internet. They currently have deal on. 200gb download for $50, they also do a naked adsl service. I'm still in UK but done a bit of research from here and they seem to have a good rep.

We're looking at Christies Beach as our preferred destination so would be quite interested in your findings.

Cheers

Matt

Unfortunately last time we checked, there was a waiting list as the Lonsdale exchange could not cope with demand - this may have changed now

Try Adam Internet. They currently have deal on. 200gb download for $50, they also do a naked adsl service. I'm still in UK but done a bit of research from here and they seem to have a good rep.

We're looking at Christies Beach as our preferred destination so would be quite interested in your findings.

Cheers

Matt

Hi all, thanks for all of the advise. I have gone with Adam Internet as it has beef recommended by a few locals and also can provide the ADSL2 service. You get a naked service for $59 as Marty said and can use a phone through the modem so don't pay a line rental charge. Will let you know if it's any good once it's set up.

Thanks again for the info.

Chris.

Hi chris

At Christies beach you will need to get a phone line if you want Internet as they only do Adsl 1 down your street I'm afraid ( well that what my provider told me anyway) and you can't get VoIP etc yet

Just been told by Adam Internet they can do ADSL2. Will let you know if it works.

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Guest9815

Hi,

I am moving to Christies Beach in 2 weeks, would you still reccommend Adams? if so can you let me know the package you are on, do you need to have a phone? I was only planning to use my mobile for calls..

I have looked at Adam Internet: adam ezy choice naked ADSL2+ 200GB $60 per month...

and also TPG ADSL2+ with home phone bundle UNLIMITED $60 per month plus upfront costs..6 months contract

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Guest9815

Guest Guest9815

Hi Chris

Thanks thats good to know, do you find that 200GB is enough each month and is it fast enough especially when used as wireless? I'm not sure what data we would use but there is only 3 of us in the family that would be using it for the usual ...web browsing, Skype, email etc.. I have read a lot of good feedback about Adam and my sons school use them. TPG offer unlimited broadband for the same price but I have read some bad reviews for them, one last question, how long are you tied in to a contract for? We moved to oz 2 weeks ago and are currently in Brighton, we move to Christies beach in 2 weeks, at the moment I'm having to get by with one of these mobile broadband dongles, costs $100 for 8GB!! shocking..

Cheers

Chris

Guest Guest9815

Thanks I will give them a go then.

Can you recommend a good mobile phone company that has good signal in Christies? I'm currently on a pre-pay with voda phone but it works out expensive

Cheers

Chris

Guest Helchops

I second that Telstra is great but forget it for tv/downloads - not enough data.

Very fast though - about 8 mbits which is faster than our cabled broadband in Adam & faster than our broadband in west midlands!