I hate selling on eBay/Paypal!!!!!

Guest Helchops

Guest Helchops

Has anyone else had the same problems as me?

We sold a Laptop on eBay recently that was PRISTINE and a 17" Dual Core Dell for just £200.00. I posted it off, insured it with ParcelFlight and sent it thinking, great $300!!

Then I hear that there is a crack in the screen and Paypal have frozen the money. Then I see a debit from my bank account of the money paid...now it seems that ParcelFlight didn't put insurance on my laptop - AND the guy who brought it hasn't sent it back to me.

Then we sold a Filofax Organiser - A5 size. We put in the code on the box into eBay and it filled in the rest. The lady who brought this now wants her money back, as even though the organiser IS A5, the paper isn't...so, she's claiming £7 postage to her, £7 for her to send it back AND a full refund.

I wouldn't mind, but she paid me late, saying she didn't get paid for 10 days, then that she wanted saturday delivery (which I paid for) and now this!!

Arghhhh!! Why is eBay so geared up towards the BUYER? There is no protection for the seller.

Now, who will want to buy a Diary in February? How do I get my broken Laptop back?! It's madness and I'm out £250 that we seriously can't afford...

*Vent Over*

Guest Adelaide_bound

Ebay and Paypal suck for the seller tbh, unfortunately it has such a massive monopoly nowadays in the UK.

The Filofax lady can go jump for her postage - when I've had issues with stuff as a buyer I've only ever managed to get the actual cost I paid for the item, not the postage to me and certainly not my postage back to them, refunded.

Contact Paypal and let them know that you haven't received the laptop back, and haven't received any proof of postage from the buyer that he has sent it either. They shouldn't refund him until he can provide them with that proof (not wonderfully helpful when they have frozen your monies, but better than nothing). Ask for him to send you photos of the damage as well asap.

I haven;'t used parcelflight before, so not sure about them and claiming and insurance etc - we only use Fedex/UPS/Royal Mail and to be fair mainly are ok when we've had to claim *unless its overseas for Royal Mail and then no chance...)

I find the best way of avoiding twits on Ebay is to be really off putting in my listings lol - it may mean I get a couple of quid less, but tbh I would rather have that than people scamming me and messing me around, as we just don't ahve time for it. Rob is nicer than me with his postings and he has had a bit more trouble than me. I tend to put something on like 'No refunds, NO returns for any reason, items are clearly described and photographed, you are bidding as listed - please PLEASE understand that I am emigrating with my family in a few weeks and really could do with the least amount of stress possible, many thanks for your understanding and assistance with this'.

I know exactly what you mean! I don't know how some people manage to make a living out of selling on Ebay! The few times we use it (including now, while we are trying to sell off our stuff before the move) have been so frustrating and infuriating....usually end up thinking the small amount of money we make just isn't worth the hassle!

It sounds fishy to me if they won't return the item. You're not really to know it was broken and I can't see how Paypal can suspend the payment legitimately. At the very least they need to provide some proof that the item was damaged. Contact Ebay and put in some sort of non-payment dispute with the buyer. Then let Paypal know that you have opened a dispute with them on Ebay. I have had this happen to me where I sent something and it got broken on the way over and the buyer and I agreed to split the cost which I thought was fair (although I did say no refunds) - so I sent her 50% of the cost of the item back to her account. You do need to develop a bit of thick skin with some buyers and unless you plan on selling "big" on Ebay which some people do then you can afford to say no returns etc. and if they contact you for a return then you do as Adelaide_bound suggests for future selling.

Guest Helchops

They've frozen the funds or something...It's so annoying as I am an honest seller too, but people are out to scam you in this world. With the risk, PayPal fees, eBay fees, final value fees...it's just not worth it!!