Driving in UK insurance

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

If i was to drive my dads car in the UK, how do i go about insurance wise, can i get a 4 week cover, can i drive it on his insurance on my Aus licence with his approval, its a spur of the moment decision to go, he doesn't know until i knock on his front door.

thanks

stevo

Cost less than. 40quid to drive my dads car for a month when we were over last year, cost 3 times as much to go on my mums insurance though, merc versus a skoda,

Not sure how the Aussie licence situation works though with it as I still had my English one valid ( the old paper style one)

Our insurance charged about £30 for my MIL to be added to our UK insurance policy for a month. Its a flat fee with our insurers.

Just phoned them up once she arrived, gave her Aus DL details etc, they sent out the new cover note for the month and then we went back to the old policy.

Guest TheTodds

Hi Stevo

Do you mind me asking what company you have used and did you tell them you will be driving on an Aussie licence? I am in the same position and will need to drive my Dad's car in the UK in May. My Dad's current insurance company will not cover me with the Aussie licence and he has phoned several other compnies who have also refused. I have found one company but they want £400!

Thanks, Helen.

Hi Stevo

Do you mind me asking what company you have used and did you tell them you will be driving on an Aussie licence? I am in the same position and will need to drive my Dad's car in the UK in May. My Dad's current insurance company will not cover me with the Aussie licence and he has phoned several other compnies who have also refused. I have found one company but they want £400!

Thanks, Helen.

Not sure what company Stevo has used but we were using 'more than' when my father inlaw stayed with us in the UK and drove our car. He only had a Hong Kong Licence.

Hth

Guest Guest5035
Hi Stevo

Thanks, Helen.

got the cover note yesterday, but didn't look at the companies name, i'll look today, but when my dad gave the usual details he read out my australian address, etc etc so they do know, unusual

stevo

Guest TheTodds
got the cover note yesterday, but didn't look at the companies name, i'll look today, but when my dad gave the usual details he read out my australian address, etc etc so they do know, unusual

stevo

Hi

Sorry to nag ... did you get chance to look who provided cover? Need to get this sorted before our trip in 9 weeks.

Thanks.