Not always sunny here!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75
I think this is the third day of rain since we arrived nearly four months ago...actually quite enjoying it!!

Grey days like this are fairly rare,exceptionally rare in summer and not that many in winter either. Nearly like a novelty.

Guest rachinadelaide

It's not fair! We have our first night out since bubs was born 4 1/2 months ago planned for Friday night.....an open-air concert in Elder Park! Forecast is cold, windy with showers!! I suppose it is almost Autumn.

Guest Guest5035

in the uk in nottingham today a strange thing is going to happen, everyone has their cameras ready, some yellow strange object is expected to appear in the sky....

stevo

Guest Barney Rubble
What about the dark mornings pitch black at 6 am,this has come around so quick this year, yes don't think the summer has being that good this year

Agreed, was a bit stunned when i took off withthe dog for the morning walk/run then ealised it was quite spooky at 6.00am.

Saw a fox though, briefly, not playfull or sociable animals as we found out when puppy chased it :jiggy:

Well I like the rain, especially on the tin roof. It clears up all the dust at the end of summer and cools my house down quickly. Over the past thirty odd years, there have been runs of cooler summers and runs of hot dry summers. This summer was actually average for Ads with a couple of heatwavey days. It will still be warmish through March and maybe some of April, In the old days when we had 3 terms of school, we used to wear our summer dresses until mid April wearing a jumper in the moorings as it got cooler. There will be hot days to come next year and the next and the next..... maybe just not in a run of 15!!! Now that was unusual.

Guest Adelaide_bound

Sorry to say I think we have stolen all the sunshine and warm weather and nabbed it over to WA and the Perth (ish) region. My back certainly knows it - burnt to a compelte and utter crisp reading in the sun the other day and am in agony now, so sun isn't always good lol (I did have my factor 30+ and a T-shirt on, it wasn't mid-day and it was only in 20 mins. Curse my pale ginger skin!)

We might be heading over to Adelaide in about a month and a little bit, so will try and bring the sun with us if its not there before :P

Sorry to say I think we have stolen all the sunshine and warm weather and nabbed it over to WA and the Perth (ish) region. My back certainly knows it - burnt to a compelte and utter crisp reading in the sun the other day and am in agony now, so sun isn't always good lol (I did have my factor 30+ and a T-shirt on, it wasn't mid-day and it was only in 20 mins. Curse my pale ginger skin!)

We might be heading over to Adelaide in about a month and a little bit, so will try and bring the sun with us if its not there before :P

Wow! You burnt thought a tee and factor 30? Ouch.

Guest Adelaide_bound
Wow! You burnt thought a tee and factor 30? Ouch.

Think it was 35 or something silly here that day. And I am ginger pale. Stupid skin..legs are still blue white lol.

Guest Guest75
You cannot be serious!! It's been freezing! :shocked:

We've had the heating on (again) at school and have been covering kids in rugs!

No, I don't think this has been a good summer :(

Still....no water restrictions for us this year :)

:wubclub:LC

I thought it was OK!!

Had shorts on yesterday.

Got some funny looks as I was shopping the "The Killing Fields" - I was giving everyone else funny looks as the were all rugged up and coats on. I mean,one rainy day!!!

Wooses!!!!:arghh:

Think it was 35 or something silly here that day. And I am ginger pale. Stupid skin..legs are still blue white lol.

It's not the temperature that will burn you, it could have been 25 and you still will have burned. It is our clear blue sky and abundance of strong sun rays which will burn your delicate English skin. You will have to be very careful, because even olive skinned types can burn in 15 minutes mid day here. Usual advice is between 10 and 3 in summer to stay out of the sun unless covered, slopped and hatted or at least try the shade. When our red headed youngest was born we had to change our visits to the beach and parks to after 4.