Good restaurant

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

Hey all

Im looking for a top notch restaurant in Adelaide for Rachel's bday!

Anyone been anywhere good? Big birthday so wana go large on it and pull out the stops !

Any advice or recommendations?

Guest Sachertorte

The Manse in North Adelaide is what I would call a proper high end restaurant. Top notch degustation menu, menu a la carte, wine list to match their haute cuisine.

Very pricey, but this is a league above the majority of good restaurants in Adelaide.

Windy Point has an amazing position and is the most romantic of all the ones we have been so far. If you are into the ultimate food experience it is not up there really (although they very much think they are), but you can have a lovely meal because of the breathtaking views.

Personally I think Chianti Classico is an excellent choice for a couple, sophistication, white glove service but less dear.

It all depends what you prioritise- atmosphere or food... and how much your budget allows!

Don't like Windy Point - found it overpriced and the food overworked - bit too try-hard for me. The Treasury on the corner of Victoria Square is lovely though - very nice food - good choices, sensible portions, great service, lovely gardens for warm evening. Bit of a gem, that one. Or if you fancy a drive out, the Norton Summit Hotel does fantastic food, and it's a lovely drive up there. Bit more 'pub-style' though than restaurant there.

We went to Windy Point for my Birthday in October last year, had a fantastic meal and the service was excellent.

Our favourite is Shiki's japanese restaurant in the Hyatt Hotel (now called Intercontinental) next to the Adelaide Convention Centre. Absolutely the best food we've ever had but it was very very pricey, as the meal cost more than our room booking!

Guest mark&rachel

Hi guys

thanks for all that, budget not really an issue, as want it to be a top notch restaurant ,

I guess fine dining is what I'm looking for

I agree with Diane in relation to the Treasury..... I went there when they did the groupon deal and it was really amazing. I know money is not an option but they gave me a voucher for some money off which I think is still in date if you decide on there. Just let me know

Karen

Guest rachinadelaide

Windy Point restaurant is a bit special. My hubby took me there as a surprise for our 10 year anniversary. It was a wonderful night! The views are amazing, the food was amazing, the service was excellent and the bill was ginormous! We accepted every recommendation the waiter made and tried some fab wines and dessert wines and left full and very tipsy!

My choices:

Mantra on King William Road - amazing food. Their degustations are amazing. This would be my top choice - their menu is one there website - a la carte & degustation options.

d'Arry's Verandah at d'Arenberg winery, McLaren Vale

Star of Greece, Willunga

Esca at the marina, Glenelg

Gauchos for steak

Celsius on Gouger St depending how 'far our' you want to go with food choices

Having a six year old has limited our fine dining experiences somewhat (but if you want to know where to get a mean nugget and chips, ask away!) but I'd recommend The Manse, Lenzerheide, Gaucho's and Chloe's in Kent Town (bit more of a romantic feel to it). I'd also have said Penfold's but it's closed for a few months for renovations.

Feel hungry now!

Jim

Guest Sachertorte
My choices:

d'Arry's Verandah at d'Arenberg winery, McLaren Vale

Yes heard from a neighbour d'Arry's (short for d'Arenberg I think) is a consistently fine restaurant.

Lenzerheide and Alphutte are separately owned by ex husband and wife- apparently both good choices in fine dining too.

Let us know what it is going to be :)

We're not keen on the steak houses.

We have been to the Lane in Hahndorf and that was very nice. D'Arry's is ok, why not try The Elbow Room in the McLaren Vale, one of the chef's from D'Arry's has opened up his own restaurant there (formerly The Producers). There is also Ekhidna Winery and Serafino's in the Vale both are top notch.