1st AFL Game 2mo

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

So after 2 years here im finally going to my first AFL game 2mo (Crows v Bulldogs).

Taking the little boy, quite excited about it having got into the game last year. Will never be 'football' but hey be a good game im sure.

Any tips on parking etc?

So after 2 years here im finally going to my first AFL game 2mo (Crows v Bulldogs).

Taking the little boy, quite excited about it having got into the game last year. Will never be 'football' but hey be a good game im sure.

Any tips on parking etc?

Hi, we went to the NAB cup final, which was only 2/3rds full, and that was chaos around the ground. The main roads were jammed and crawling along. We parked on Matthews Avenue and walked the last 5 minutes. Cars were parked everywhere on that estate. There was a great family atmosphere in the stadium and we really enjoyed it.

Have fun !! Come on you mighty Crows.

Paul

Wow! How exciting!

We usually park at the Seaton Ramblers footy club, accessed from Pedlar Street, off Tapley's Hill Rd? It costs around $12 but the money raised goes to the club and there's a bbq there so it's quite a nice atmosphere. You have to walk a few minutes but you just drift along with everybody else so it's easy enough.

We have parked at the stadium but it seems harder to get out of after than Seaton (which can also be a bit of a wait when rejoining the main road, but I don't think you can odds it). Once (the kids were playing half-time!) we got there early enough to get a park at the mall and not pay ! We have parked there a couple of other times and paid less because we had a car full, but I don't know if that's a regular thing?

You can use the Footy Express and the price is included in your event ticket and although it can be pretty busy afterwards, the kids - they're all big now :( - say it's a lot of fun....specially if we've won!!

Stevo is so right, buying pies, hot chips, ice coffee etc at the stadium really adds up quickly but if you do take your own, remember that you can't take in cans or glass bottles. People take in all sorts though, including tea cups (once, I kid you not lol!) and sarnies. We used to take in lollies, chips, water, rugs, plastic ponchos etc because you are there for a long (exciting!) time and you want to be comfortable.

As for the NAB Cup, the parking was rubbish. Usually there are police there, a one-way thing going on etc and it is much easier. They did virtually nothing for the NAB and it was a disgrace. Great game though:smile:!

Have a great time!

LC

Guest mark&rachel

Guys thanks for all the tips will be a great help!

Its funny I dreamed of taking Noah to a Chelsea or Celtic game (long story that combo) but this will be great too

Guest Guest5035

one thing about taking the young fella, he'll see honest men playing and not a bunch of overpaid fakers trying to get people booked or sent off.

stevo

Guest mark&rachel

As much as I hate to say it Stevo your right!

Lasting memory from world cup in the other SA

Little boy saying to me (he was 5) why are they just falling over for no reason when he could have easily scored !

It was Torres he was talking about who at the time was one of the top players!

I guess it was an honest opinion ffrom someone not biased like me!!!

Love the fact they score and then just give the opponent a cheeky whack on the way back and nobody even flinches

West Lakes shopping car park charge $12 for Footy parking....easy to get in but along time to get out!! We tend to go to the Checkside Tavern to let the crowd empty. If you park in the streets make sure your allowed to as the inspectors are always around on match days!

and remember....GO THE CROWS!!!!

Park on west lakes and walk 10 mins, free and easy.

Remember to watch the big screen to be told when to clap.

If you are taking your son, the average age will drop.

Don't forget to cheer or clap (but no as loud) when they miss but still get credit with points.

Ignore Stevo, he is a Forest fan, so football is something he doesn't get excitement from anymore

Most importantly.....have fun.

Guest Guest5035

Ignore Stevo, he is a Forest fan, so football is something he doesn't get excitement from anymore

Most importantly.....have fun.

quite right on both points, having fun is what its all about, just don't cheat,( or headbutt as it gets you seeing red )

stevo

Guest mark&rachel

Well the game was enjoyed by both of us!

Crows win helped !

Still not sure on the rules as they seem tto just belt each other and get away with it! Haha

Good game bd may move up to my winter sport but will never be as entertaining as real football!

I will happily embrace it though!

Go the crows