Sympathy request please...

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

I need a mass outpouring of sympathy. Stretching across oceans and continents and South Road if necessary...

My dog is called Alfie. Gifted and Talented he is not. In fact he is chronically stupid, hairy great brute. But he is bloody gorgeous, totally adorable. For those who are teachers, he is on the Statemented end of the special needs scale. He is a Golden Retriever x Standard Poodle (biggest damn poodle I have ever known - he is like Clifford the Big Red Dog with a bottle of bleach!)

Last week he had his 'you know whats' sorted out. He was wearing a plastic lampshade for 4 days. The vets have said he is hyperactive and may need sedating.

Anyway, Bob went out tonight to play golf. When he came back, the sight of sticks he could chew on and balls that could be thrown was too much for him and he became somewhat excitable. I tried to sort him but at 30kg he is a bit big although ultimately I won (as if there was any doubt!!).

Except my wrist hurt. Just been to the docs and now I have to wear a fluorescent pink bandage on my wrist. Apparently the tendons aren't doing what they should be.

So I am feeling sorry for myself, hubbie is feeling guilty coz he thought I was putting it on (he's so gonna pay for that) and dog is too stupid to realise that this is his fault and I haven't put a bandage on just so he can chew on it.

If you wouldn't mind sending a bit of love this way, I would be so grateful. I need to feel the love....

Libby

Libby,

You think you got problems with your wrist:nah:! Just think how Alfie feels having his bits cut!!:shocked:

The question i will ask is Did the golf go well? or did he have a bad round and take it out on the dogs bits:goofy:

Hope you feel better soon. You will have to put your feet up and have the servant run round after you;)

Guest Libby1971

Thank you

The golf went very well, thank you. OH didn't play when in the UK but is really enjoying himself now. The golf course has amazing views of the sea beyond it.

Alfie thinks I have brought in another chew toy, silly boy!

Libby

Thank you

The golf went very well, thank you. OH didn't play when in the UK but is really enjoying himself now. The golf course has amazing views of the sea beyond it.

Alfie thinks I have brought in another chew toy, silly boy!

Libby

Libby,

Well tell Bob to get some practice as the rest of the Gallahs are on the way! Poor Alfie probably thought the golf balls were his old friends!!!:jiggy:

Hope the wrist feels better soon:wubclub:

Guest Libby1971

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

He is looking forward to it.

Alfie probably did think the balls were his!

Going off to try to find an outfit that co-ordinates with this bandage - and I was planning to wear red tomorrow!!!

Libby

Guest caoimhe
I need a mass outpouring of sympathy. Stretching across oceans and continents and South Road if necessary...

Libby

Kind of know how you feel, last night while cutting a melon I managed to stab myself and have ended up with 3 stitches in my hand.

Hope yours mends soon

Guest stufi1997

Tie the dog to the bottom of the garden....then Bob can practice chipping into the bucket around Alfie's head, the daft mutt will obviously try and catch the balls.... bob can't miss and everyone is happy.....taa daaaaa....! stu. Oh yeah the pink bandage mmmmmmh? unlucky.

Libby, hun Alfie is gorgeous & well described to.....the dog that is !!

So your wrist, here's some love coming your way, sorry I missed coffee today I will have to make it up to you.

Take care

Angela x

PS I'll be on PNS beach with Brad at SLSR from 2pm Saturday, shouldn't be a hot one, feel free to come down xx

Guest Libby1971

Sorry I missed you Angela, I was busy shopping for a day out tomorrow.

I am trying to type here but as far as I get this hand to move in one direction without hurting, it acts up in another. Apparently it isn't broken, fractured etc. The doc I am sure will have some fab ideas about how to fix this - bet double sided sticky tape is involved!!!!

I am bored of this bandage now, it looks grubby, my fingers are swelling up and now look like chipolatas! And I am tired of eating my cereal and spilling it across the table.

Not sure whether to:biglaugh::biglaugh: or :arghh:

Hi Libby,

My eldest daughter says that you are well trendy with a fluorescent pink bandage, she says that there are hot pants in the colonades to match!!!!;)

Take care, hope you feel better soon. Lorna.x.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

oh Libby .... i have not been on here in a few days, so sorry my sympathy is a bit late!

Never mind, let's sink a few cool chards tomorrow and hope it helps the pain!

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest Libby1971

:eek::shocked::swoon:

Sorry but all 3 of the above are what pops into my head if I think of wearing co-ordinating hot pants!!!!!

Your sympathy is fine Sarah and the praise is, I am confident, well deserved. It must be nice though to hear that your efforts are appreciated.

Been spending this evening going through the wine rack to see what wines I can make space for...come to the conclusion I buy stacks of wine but rarely drink the stuff!!!! Maybe I can make up for it in the tastings....

Libby

Guest Libby1971

Right, the pink is off so I am really happy:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:.

However it has been replaced by a black one so I now look like a Goth or an emo...scary thought. Big black arm wrist bangle thing...I look like a cross between Avril Lavigne (I wish!!!) and Dawn French coming down the road. Can you honestly picture this?

Libby

Much sympathy to you, most of boys replies seem to be worried about golf and dog etc. Wait til I get over to Adelaide, will sort them out for you!!!! Hope you are feeling better.

On the golf front...............when the newcomers get here, a little tip..............book a buggy if youre playing in the afternoon and the temp is 34+. Ive played in 37 walking and carrying.......made it to the 16th and walked to the 19th.............. 35 and buggy ..........could have played another 9.........................(beer called though)