Just a little update

ajford

Couldn't remember where to place this post, apologies,

Just a small update, been here since last August and loving it generally life really is heaps good, kids are settled,made friends and they have achieved more in the last 8 months than they did when in the uk, more opportunities and more daylight,better weather and a positive atmosphere has helped too.

We have made excellent friends and some really good friends who are like family now so thanks to you, I have had more opportunities here also, got fitter, learnt to drive, got my license well Ps anyway,how to swim freestyle and now thinking on getting a permanent career that I wouldn't have considered before, also going to learn to surf too,

Got a job very quickly as a chef at a local hotel,plenty of jobs and had to turn work away, the position is casual work in the summer is great plenty of hours and the money is ok too,can. Get away working around 34 hrs and getting through Christmas season was great too,funny having Christmas in the sun and having shorts on most of the time too.

The only thing that has a small damper for me ,is being a chefs who are on casual work basis ,like any casual worker is that when the work drops off,like for tradies etc.. . I know we are going to be ok it :)

It's just a small shocker when the hours for work are not there, I was told this would happen when I got the job, and full time work for chefs is hard to come by, (rose tints on)reality check for me, I guess take the good with the not so good:),

On the plus side while it has been quieter than I am used to, Its given us more time to think ,contemplate about what I can do to change this situation,and how to make the most of the time including when not at work we have had lots of really good together as a family and have done things I wouldn't have been able to do with my children if I had been working 6 days a week like I used to do in the uk, things like bike rides,

Walks,training, swimming in the sea all priceless

Feels like home, as it is home for us in Adelaide,I forget sometimes we have only been here since August 2011,

And the future is still very new,

Cheers here to the future in SA,and to the plans we haven't yet made

Glad to see things have worked out for you.

I still remember meeting the four of you at the airport after the long flights.

Its nice to hear that families give it a go and enjoy the different things that life here in Adelaide allow you to take part in.

Good to hear you now have your Ps hope your enjoying the freedom driving brings?

Maybe catch up on the surf when we have both learnt?

Rob and Mel

Glad to see things have worked out for you.

I still remember meeting the four of you at the airport after the long flights.

Its nice to hear that families give it a go and enjoy the different things that life here in Adelaide allow you to take part in.

Good to hear you now have your Ps hope your enjoying the freedom driving brings?

Maybe catch up on the surf when we have both learnt?

Rob and Mel

You never know, will have to let you know in the future regarding surfing lol

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Great to hear it's all going so well for you.

After years and years of hubby working split shifts, 6 days a week at home the best thing for us here too has been having lots more time together as a family to enjoy everything this beautiful place has to offer.

Guest RobJ1978

lovely lovely positive post.

We have only been here just over a week but are loving it so far. Just heard today that we have secured our first rental in Seaford Rise, so have been out and about today registering at the Library etc.