draughty houses, tiled floors, no insulation

Guest Guest5035

sorry pommies but we have got the heating on and the hot water bottle out

So have we. And we are in the UK :skeptical: Its nearly May and it won't get above about 7C here today. Windy as and chucking it down with rain.

Did the weather not get the memo is spring into summer now in the NH :nah: It was warmer in March and its been crappy the past few weeks. Am so over grotty or not so great weather 9 months of the year.

Guest Helchops

Snifter....you know the score.

Two nice weeks in march followed by rain and cloud until May when it will usually be sunny for a month through to June. As soon as the Kids break up though and the bank holidays kick in (and two week holidays for most), gods disdain rains down in the form of a wet July and August!

Gotta love the seasons!

I have to say it's not my favourite time of the year and I know it's not really as cold as the UK, but the title of the thread says it all. We had the wood burner going last night, kept the house really warm, but this morning it felt as though a window was open as it felt so fresh in the bedroom, and that this is only down to the poor building techniques and materials.

In 5 months time though it'll be warm enough to forget the heater for another 7 months... woo hoo.. bring it on....

Cmon Poms.....Toughen up!! its cold for all of 2-3 months then back to the lovely days we all moved here for!!

I agree with the sentiment (and I'm one of those who needs to toughen up - absolutely hate cold weather!) but if only it was for 2-3 months! The next month that has similar average temps to April (which is already far too cold for me) is October - worse weather for all the months in between - for those of us a bit wimpy about the cold that seems like a long way away! :arghh:

Jim

sorry pommies but we have got the heating on and the hot water bottle out

LOL! I'm having a day off and sitting in front of the TV with a hot water bottle. My 15 year old asked if we had any GLOVES she could wear to school (bearing in mind she's still in her summer uniform...) However, my kids say how much they LOVE this rainy weather. NOT me!!! (Of course, they British to the core and after 13 years in Cornwall this is weather is home whereas I'm from a slightly less rainy part of the states.) I'm seriously thinking of double glazing...

Guest Guest5035
wimps all of you .............. we're still sleeping with the window wide open, curtains open to let the cool air in, summer light weight quilt on bed and deffo NO PJS!!!

we are just jealous that you are so tough and root every night:embarressed:

stevo

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

I'm just enjoying hibernating, and ofcourse when its not raining the wine in the garden with a fire going (at the end of the month) will be just lovely. i love the chnage in the seasons here, last week was lovley weather, also they're more like seasons here than england i think!!

Guest BackToAdelaide

I guess it's what you get used to. I often found the central heating in the UK stifling and would not put ours on for weeks after most people I knew already had.

We certainly haven't even given a thought to using any heating here yet. We've just got the summer duvet on, no electric blankets (never used them), no hot water bottles etc.

Guest Barney Rubble
Speak for yourself! lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4548[/ATTACH]

4548-draughty-houses-tiled-floors-no-insulation-1940nightgown.jpg

do these come with Velcro instead of buttons :wink:

Missus is off to melbourne this week :jiggy:

Gonna be a full time sloth until she gets back, heating off (she's a whimp) trackies and tee-shirt.

Cold is when you have to de-ice the garage door to get your car out !

PA200209.jpg

Like this !