PC help

Guest Guest5035

Guest Guest5035

Need to tape something via my lappy onto disc via the tv, something is being broadcast, i have a link to watch it and need to watch and copy, (hope that makes sense ), i have a hdmi cable and can watch you tube ok on the tv, but nothing tapes, help.

stevo

just had a thought, can i copy to disc on the lappy....while i watch on the tv screen

Guest Helchops

Because I'm on a Mac I can't give you the specifics you want but I think what you'll need is some sort of 'video screen capture' software to record the video as it's coming in live. You need to watch that the software also records audio. It's a real fiddly thing to do even if you have the right software in my experience, and if possible it might be better to watch it live and then get your hands on a recording later?

Sorry I can't give you the answers. Maybe some other ideas from other members? I'll try and look for some software...

Guest Helchops

It's probably going to be easier, yeh.

What I was thinking was that even if you managed to get it working OK, you're going to struggle to actually watch it as it happens, which obviously you'll want to do as you'll be worried about getting the thing to work right!!

I mean this is only my experience, hopefully all this thread bumping will see others come in with a much better idea!

Guest Guest5035

sis in law is getting one via the funeral parlour who is organising the service, 3 hours to go, still going to put a disc in the lappy and try anyway

thanks everyone for your input

:smile:

stevo