Anyone a CFS volunteer ?

minty

Hi all, I said to myself once we are settled I would like to become a CFS volunteer. Does anyone on the forum volunteer with the CFS and where is the nearest CFS station to Christie's beach ?.

Sent them an expression of interest so just waiting to hear back.

Ah the good ole fire brigade...........when I was living in Port Noarlunga we had a friend who was in the CFS and when the siren went we would watch him drive down to the station and then the fun would begin. If the good old fire engine had to go up Murray Rd it was one of the funniest things as you could here it struggling up the hill and going down through the gears to make it up the hill. To be fair it was a very old fire engine. Ah! The memories.

Good luck with it.

Mis

Guest Damien

Good onya mate. I emailed the CFS and they said just turn up to the weekly session at the depot, they didn't tell me when or where this was though! I'm keen but don't think my empoyers want me to be on call (which I can understand as I can work odd hours).

Guest Guest75

Onya, there is a station in Hackham,straight up Beach Rd,over South Road and up to the top of Doctors Road. ..

Volunteering is good, done a bit of this and that.

Currently I'm in Sea Rescue. Waiting for my first big shout.