U Brew It

Guest Guest5035

I've done it a couple of times at Lonsdale. Only way I can describe the beer it is to liken it to a set of bagpipes. Basically someone can play a number of tunes on a set of bagpipes, all different, however there is always the monotonous "drone" in the background that never changes. Same with U-Brew It beer. I've tried both lagers and ales and there is always a strong underlying yeast-type taste. Not unpleasant but it's not really wanted either.

I'd give it one more go if it were a nice dark brew so if anyone is interested in going thirds or quarters on something upwards of 7% give me a PM and we'll work something out. Was thinking of Old Peculier (7.3%) or maybe Olde St Nick (9.9%).

http://www.ubrewit.com.au/super-strength-range

Guest Guest5035
My OH has done it twice at the local branch Stevo - first time through a voucher, then second time he had some sort of discount. If you want to try a bottle to see what the result was like, I'll ask him if he's got any left!

if you can please., my mate said he had a voucher too, worked out at about 180 bottles for $140 ??

stevo

if you can please., my mate said he had a voucher too, worked out at about 180 bottles for $140 ??

stevo

Thats cheap!!! I heard that for a box of 24 you pay something around 40$? If it tastes good then its worth it! Let me know please :smile:

Yeah I've just made a brew of hoegaarden using a groupon voucher - 144 bottles for $129

Takes around 3 hours to make the stuff and you get free beer during that time!! I did it at the para hills one and the staff there were a great bunch

It's all good fun and the beer I tasted was really good - old speckled hen and a pale ale

Off to pick my bottles up in a couple of weeks - one thing to note is that it needs to be stored in a fridge straight away as there are no preservatives

Yeah I've just made a brew of hoegaarden using a groupon voucher - 144 bottles for $129

Takes around 3 hours to make the stuff and you get free beer during that time!! I did it at the para hills one and the staff there were a great bunch

It's all good fun and the beer I tasted was really good - old speckled hen and a pale ale

Off to pick my bottles up in a couple of weeks - one thing to note is that it needs to be stored in a fridge straight away as there are no preservatives

How are you going to store 144 bottles in a fridge?:swoon:

Guest Tina

my oh did a brew with a group of friends at the lonsdale site, they shared the minimum amount that had to be brewed, and he brought a beer fridge for his quantity. it did have an aquired taste though... but he didnt care and drank it anyway.. i think he is thinking of doing another...

Richie has used the one at Lonsdale loads of times (drink problem? What drink problem???) We find it's a case of trial and error tbh. Some of the lagers are pants but the darker ales are delicious, not to mention potent! We also have a beer fridge in the garage which is just as well when he comes home with 140 bottles of the stuff!

this is how you fit them in your fridge! OH thinks food is overrated!

I'm a foodie:wink: Looks like I need a couple of friends to share brewing with. But wow I still can't believe how cheap it is to brew your own beer.

One tip for anyone - U-brew it have bottles you can buy however that are small - 330ml or thereabouts and when filling them they tend to froth up a bit. You're better off going to your local bottle recycler and getting some longnecks as they fill better. Wash them thoroughly and you can sterilise them at U-brew it.

One tip for anyone - U-brew it have bottles you can buy however that are small - 330ml or thereabouts and when filling them they tend to froth up a bit. You're better off going to your local bottle recycler and getting some longnecks as they fill better. Wash them thoroughly and you can sterilise them at U-brew it.

Gosh, I don't think my OH has ever needed to actually buy bottles - he just never throws one away!!! Some of them must be on their sixth or seventh use now (and I'm fed up with them draining on my darining board!)

Guest Guest5035

just had this email re the cost of the beers if its any help

Hi Steve

Our prices range from $140.00 for the light range,$155.00 for the Popular range, $170.00 for the

Boutique, $175.00 for the Gourmet, $180.00 for the Specialty and $185.00 for the Super Strong

Range.

Apple Cider is priced at $200.00.

Please don't hesitate if you have any questions to give us a ring on 0412 785 077 or to book an

appointment to do your Brew.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Cheers

Michael (Mick) House

U Brewit

25 Beafield RD

Para Hills West

stevo

Guest smit
One tip for anyone - U-brew it have bottles you can buy however that are small - 330ml or thereabouts and when filling them they tend to froth up a bit. .
Its all in the technique to get a smooth flow........all about the angle of the dangle , you need a clear head when bottling up .lol!!!

this is how....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4729[/ATTACH]

152 bottles in total and tastes gorgeous :-)

I'm sure that it tastes great. :smile: So you have to have another fridge in the garage and how much does that add to the electricity bill?

By the way is that a robot beside the fridge??

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
I'm sure that it tastes great. :smile: So you have to have another fridge in the garage and how much does that add to the electricity bill?

By the way is that a robot beside the fridge??

R2-D2 :tongue: