Researching nice areas for approx $400 p/w

guspjmh

Hi all. Well the visa is here, I am putting my house on the market this week and Jan 13 is the goal!

We are looking at a rental budget at around $400 p/w to fit us all in! I initially liked Aldinga, but it may be too remote. What are the nice areas I could find a rental for this kind of budget?

Cheers!

Gus.

Still having ups and downs - but we both are! Basically we have agreed it as a three year project:

Yr 1 - Find our feet, feel homesick!

Yr 2 - Start to settle and get more familair with everything

Yr 3 - Get more familiar and then make a choice at the end of it whether we stay and buy something or come home.

I understand how she's feeling, she's just really worried about leaving her close family behind which is understandable. Our lives here are pretty good, so logic does make us question why we are doing this!

Still having ups and downs - but we both are! Basically we have agreed it as a three year project:

Yr 1 - Find our feet, feel homesick!

Yr 2 - Start to settle and get more familair with everything

Yr 3 - Get more familiar and then make a choice at the end of it whether we stay and buy something or come home.

I understand how she's feeling, she's just really worried about leaving her close family behind which is understandable. Our lives here are pretty good, so logic does make us question why we are doing this!

Sounds like a plan Gus. I'm very happy for you guys and am waiting for more great news on your progress. Good luck :smile:

Guest RobJ1978

For a budget like that you will able you get something. Have you looked at moana or seaford rise? We are in seaford rise. there is state swim, primary school, seaford tavern and shops near and so is the beach. the railway is also getting extended to seaford.

Hi again!

i think you would like seaford rise lots of nice houses all different,really quiet and can see the beach from your window! we pay $400 and we have 4 beds, ensuite, large outdoor area and a pool! moana is also nice and port noarlunga. i have only just seen your post about having cold feet, it is really hard leaving people you love and i must admit i do get bad days but not many and i know i have made the right choice, i know weathers not everything but it definately cheers you up, i can see your from wales so the rain is something you will NOT miss lol.skype is fantastic for talking to loved ones, we are on it all the time, it feels like they are next door! when we sold our lovely house in wales (for a lot less than we should have) i was scared of the thought of starting again but iv realised now its not really important, sometimes you just have to take risks and go for it! your plan sounds good, just remember you can always go home, nothings impossible. your children will grow up enjoying the outdoors and not stuck on a playstation! sorry iv gone on a bit but hope its helped just a bit, goodluck with the house sale.

Claire Neil and Stacy

Hi again!

i think you would like seaford rise lots of nice houses all different,really quiet and can see the beach from your window! we pay $400 and we have 4 beds, ensuite, large outdoor area and a pool! moana is also nice and port noarlunga. i have only just seen your post about having cold feet, it is really hard leaving people you love and i must admit i do get bad days but not many and i know i have made the right choice, i know weathers not everything but it definately cheers you up, i can see your from wales so the rain is something you will NOT miss lol.skype is fantastic for talking to loved ones, we are on it all the time, it feels like they are next door! when we sold our lovely house in wales (for a lot less than we should have) i was scared of the thought of starting again but iv realised now its not really important, sometimes you just have to take risks and go for it! your plan sounds good, just remember you can always go home, nothings impossible. your children will grow up enjoying the outdoors and not stuck on a playstation! sorry iv gone on a bit but hope its helped just a bit, goodluck with the house sale.

Claire Neil and Stacy

Thanks Claire. Showed my wife this post and it was really helpful. Seaford rise looks lovely - alhtough no rentals there currently in our price range with pool (how'd you manage that?)

We are looking unfurnished as we'll get most things shipped, and I'll be out there for about a month on my own in a short term rental sorting everything out before my wife brings the kids out!

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-house-with-3-bedrooms-between-0-400-in-south+australia/list-1?preferredState=sa

or

http://www.domain.com.au/Search/rent/Property/Types/Duplex/House/New-Home-Designs/Penthouse/Semi-Detached/Terrace/Townhouse/Villa/State/SA/Area/Adelaide/Adelaide-Hills/Eastern-Suburbs/North-North-East-Suburbs/South-South-East-Suburbs/Western-Beachside-Suburbs/?bedrooms=3&to=400&keywords=pool (I've put "pool" in as a key word on this search - you don't find a lot of rentals with pools because of the extra maintenance costs that have to be borne by the owners)

Where will you be working? Or if you don't know that yet, what sort of work will you be doing?

Edited by Diane

I'm gonna be working in pharmaceutical sales, so likely will be doing a bot of travelling and not have an office to go to every day, therefore I can be flexible in terms of where I stay. Seaford Rise and Port Noarlunga are both appealing right now.

Which company is that Diane? Even if their HQ was there I'd be unlikely to visit it much unless I go into marketing rather than sales/account management. It's useful to know though.

My estate agent friend is coming around on Thursday and hopefully the house will go on the market then - exciting or scary depending on my mood!