New name for South Australia

Diane

Just posted on a thread on the parent site about the search for a new name for the state of South Australia. My suggestion is Eurasia to recognise the contribution made to the state by many migrants from both European countries and Asian (Italy, Greece, Vietnam, etc) - (and because my son is a huge Muse fan and I get to listen to United States of Eurasia frequently when he's in the car with me!)

Any other suggestions (from people that know the place, rather than the majority on PIO who have never visited and think we are just the ar**hole of Australia!!!)?

Guest Guest75

This subject will cause some abrasion in all quarters.

Wistfully................. "New Yorkshire".:cute:

Practically - leave the bloody name alone. It will cost untold fortunes to change everything from signage to letterheads onwards. Big waste of money!

Spend it on effective promotion of what we already have!!!

"Rebranding" indeed - we are not a bloody "product"!!!

The only winners will be printers and signmakers.

Sheesh,cant they think of something better to do!:arghh:

Guest Tina

yes stop wasting money for starters.. nothing wrong with South Australia... but i guess if money wasnt the issue then i think it should be Tandanya... place of the Red Kangaroo...

This subject will cause some abrasion in all quarters.

Practically - leave the bloody name alone. It will cost untold fortunes to change everything from signage to letterheads onwards. Big waste of money!

Spend it on effective promotion of what we already have!!!

"Rebranding" indeed - we are not a bloody "product"!!!

The only winners will be printers and signmakers.

Sheesh,cant they think of something better to do!:arghh:

I know we are having a bit of fun.....but I agree with Tyke....I worked in a Govt Department that changed the name of it's division and then the name of it's meeting rooms - and the cost that went into doing that was horrendous....- business cards, signage, letterheads - not to mention all the confusion it caused for people having to update all their "links" to meeting room calendars. That alone wasted many "people" hours

Guest tinkham_lee

Leave the name alone,it will cost way to much money and everyone will still call it south Australia anyway. Look at how much Onkaparinga council spent changing its name to Onka, then changed it back within months

Guest Guest5035

South australians are money spenders, why become known as tight arses..

Stevo

• 1 month later...