Mummy,mummy!!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

"Mummy,Mummy?"............... says Little Jimmy

"Yes Jimmy"

"Do we REALLY now live in Australia?????"

"Of course we do Jimmy, we moved here to South Australia last year - so we could all have a better life"

"So why are we so F@#$%&ng cold then Mummy?????":shocked:

Those living here will get this.......................:smile:

It's suddenly turned winter here and I am fed up with the Aussies saying as a Pom I should be used to it....................don't have to "LIKE" it though!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Guest Guest75
There's not many things I would use the word 'Hate' on but I do Hate being cold!

I never thought Australia would ever get as cold as this, but someone must have stolen my rose tinted cos I am feeling it now ..... Where did I put they glasses? 

Same as your Cornelia, I find the cold and wet days a bit depressing. I just love getting out and about. It's not often it get's this cold or miserable though so we are lucky really.

Guest Guest75
How long does the winter last? You don't get snow there do you? I don't need snow for at least another decade...:arghh:

Well, erm,hate to tell you this ............. the price of snowshoes has gone up now as demand will be high soon.:cute:

Which reminds me I must put the snow chains on the car.

Perhaps when you arrive you can give me a lift to fit the ice breaking attachment onto the boat???

Nah, seen a few flakes trying to fall years ago,that was it.:wink:

Edited by Guest75

Well, erm,hate to tell you this ............. the price of snowshoes has gone up now as demand will be high soon.:cute:

Which reminds me I must put the snow chains on the car.

Perhaps when you arrive you can give me a lift to fit the ice breaking attachment onto the boat???

Nah, seen a few flakes trying to fall years ago,that was it.:wink:

A few flakes are no problem. :wink: It's Spring over here and still it gets cold at nights. Funny how when its finally warm over here I'll be moving to the cold of Adelaide. When will this Winter be overrrrrrrrrr:confused:

Tyke up for some ice hockey? :biglaugh:

Went out and bought an electric blanket today! Seriously thinking about gas ducted heating too as we have no heating apart from a few patches of underfloor on its last legs in the tiled areas - hall, kitchen/family room.

PS - technically its still Autumn till 1st June - then Winter really begins !!!!! Last Winter I experienced was December 2010 so shouldn't grumble.:biggrin:

Guest Guest75
No wonder I got grumpy...my rose-tinted glasses fogged up!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

At this time of year expect some major grumps and arguments breaking out as well - the weather brings it on.,

Which reminds me - have to go and pick a fight with the mods after not handling a reported post..................

Guest Guest75
I can cope with the cold but will it ever stop raining? I thought SA was the driest state in Australia!

I have to say it...................... But we need it!.

Don't that just grind your gears after hearing it a few times!!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest5035
28 degrees here today :tongue:

Only "Today"......... not 2 morrow.............. or all week ..............or next 10 days then....28oc thats a cool spring day here..:tongue:

:tongue:

Guest Sachertorte

I think July and August are the coldest! Winter seems to last a full 3 months here. We have just finished replacing some of the lead light windows with double glazed units.

It's making a massive difference!

LOL, been seeing a lot of people ranting about their sunburn in the UK!!!!

Well the eldest and I have cricket today so it will be slip, slap, slop and slide - it was engrained into me as a kid and has never gone away.

Would rather be having a few cold ones though :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peachie

Its not that cold here its just crappy houses made from one layer of brick and gyprock with nothing inbetween if your Uk house was here you prob wouldn't need to heat it prop cooler in summer too !!!

Guest matt n mel

So how cold is it in terms of what people are wearing? Are we talking hat gloves n scarf or a woolly coat? I only ask cos I'll be arriving in adelaide (very, verrrrrry excited!!!) on 29th June and I need to know if I should be packing a parka.......

Advice needed if you please

m&m

Guest Guest75
So how cold is it in terms of what people are wearing? Are we talking hat gloves n scarf or a woolly coat? I only ask cos I'll be arriving in adelaide (very, verrrrrry excited!!!) on 29th June and I need to know if I should be packing a parka.......

Advice needed if you please

m&m

It's a question of wearing layers really.

Yesterday was fantastic,clear skies and lots of sunshine. Warm in the sun.

BUT the start was very cold and as soon as the sun goes down - so does the temp.

I wore a t shirt under a shirt for the day then a fleece on top later.

12c here can be a lot colder than 12c in the UK, very difficult to explain but us "locals" know!