The wildlife is ganging up on me............

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Nipped out for a trip in the tub today.

I was rumaging around in the cabin when I noticed a little "passenger" :shocked:

Blooming Redback Spider snuggled up in one of the life jackets!!!!!

He got the flick.

Spent the day drift fishing and had a shark or something big following and nicking the baits.

Hooked up on him at one bit but lost it.:arghh:

Just waiting for a rabid Wombat or something to come crashing through the window at me!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Damien

Last year I took the brats and 'er indoors out for our first proper family trip in the salt (they had been on the Glenelg but not quite the same). As usual they got bored and the kids stayed up front reading/playing the DS while I fished and Lisa watched out for the local dolphin. Kieran suddenly screamed spider! Lisa went to check it out (I don't do spiders). There was a bloody great huntsman in the cabin! Next thing me and the kids are hanging off the back of the boat screaming away. Lisa eventually trapped the bugger then said 'what now?'. 'Throw the effing thing overboard' I said. 'But it'll drown, poor thing' she replied. 'I don't give a flying f**k, it's me or the spider'. So she threw it overboard. We then found out hunstmen float.......and can swim. Bloody thing swam back to the boat and spent the rest of the day hanging on to the side. Hopefully the dolphin got it. Never did find it later.

Guest Helchops

Christ...

I'm not sure how I'm going to cope.

The other day I saw a house spider scuttle across our floor. I jumped on the back of the sofa I was so startled. God only knows what I'll do if I see a red back or Huntsman...I think we should get a defrib just to be on the safe side.

Aussie wildlife is hardcore.

Guest Barney Rubble

:notworthy:

This is where the term HTFU comes to mind :biglaugh:

My first redback ws caught in a jam jar and as i took it over to the reserve opposite the house to 'dispatch' back to the wilderness my neighbour asked why.

After hearing my reasoning he said "cool, i'll throw all mine over your fence and save myself the walk !"

Tough little blighters.

Oh, btw.

Top tip to rents with juniors.

If they say they want to buy a bug catcher distract them with cash, lollies anything !

I give up the amount of times i found these things in the boys bedrooms with a redback or huntsman in them :swoon:

All in the name of science of course

Guest Guest75
Christ...

I'm not sure how I'm going to cope.

The other day I saw a house spider scuttle across our floor. I jumped on the back of the sofa I was so startled. God only knows what I'll do if I see a red back or Huntsman...I think we should get a defrib just to be on the safe side.

Aussie wildlife is hardcore.

:biglaugh:

Ohh ,it "ard" here but you get used to it after a while.

Been stung by,chased by,bitten by most things now.

You ust have heard about the time a Koala chased me??

My Aussie mates still remind me about it!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Guest75
Lol, thats it you keep em occupied and away from me. You know it makes sense.

Nice to know I have some purpose in life.......................:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Guest Guest75
Last year I took the brats and 'er indoors out for our first proper family trip in the salt (they had been on the Glenelg but not quite the same). As usual they got bored and the kids stayed up front reading/playing the DS while I fished and Lisa watched out for the local dolphin. Kieran suddenly screamed spider! Lisa went to check it out (I don't do spiders). There was a bloody great huntsman in the cabin! Next thing me and the kids are hanging off the back of the boat screaming away. Lisa eventually trapped the bugger then said 'what now?'. 'Throw the effing thing overboard' I said. 'But it'll drown, poor thing' she replied. 'I don't give a flying f**k, it's me or the spider'. So she threw it overboard. We then found out hunstmen float.......and can swim. Bloody thing swam back to the boat and spent the rest of the day hanging on to the side. Hopefully the dolphin got it. Never did find it later.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: