Public safety announcement ( warning graphic!)

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Warning issued by the Department of dangerous Fauna management..................................Not for the queasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removed image that some people found offensive.............Ya just have to drop me a PM!

Here are some more "palatable" ones??

Drop_bear2.jpg

drop bear.jpg

drop bear 4.jpg

Edited by Guest75
Removal of image as some people found it offensive...............

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barney Rubble

Man that is horrific :unsure:

head that they Australian Navy is training these creatures to board these illegal boat people too :wink:

Guest Guest75
Man that is horrific :unsure:

head that they Australian Navy is training these creatures to board these illegal boat people too :wink:

Do ya think this thread will last long......................:cute:

Guest Guest75
Someone explain this - is it a koala? (or a joke ad) confused...

Lots of info on the net.....................

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear

http://www.dropbearaware.com/

Pretty local too................ this is a report from Clarendon,just up the road.

http://www.cfr.com.au/dropbears/

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opinion/blogs/blunt-instrument/drop-bear-complacency-a-danger-to-us-all-20120125-1qh6p.html

http://www.blueswami.com/drop_bears.html

http://dropbearpreserevationsociety.org/

Guest guest8040

Thanks for that another worry to add to the list! So seeing as one in ten ozzies have been attacked someone on here must have experienced it or know someone - until then I'm not convinced (but will not be walking under trees at night just on case ;)

Guest Bunny

I was walking home from partying in the city one night (bus only goes so far lol), when I was very nearly attacked by a drop bear. There are these huuuge eucalyptus trees at the bottom of my road - although I've heard they hide in different types of tree. I heard this grunting noise, I turned and saw the drop bear (like a koala but bigger) and started to run. I got a huuuge scratch on my back but I got away. :) So, be careful when walking home.

Guest guest8040

Actually I now have this vision of me walking along stamping my feet (as someone told me that scares the snakes off), with vegemite behind my ears and looking up into trees- higher probability of being sectioned I think lol!

Guest Guest75
I was walking home from partying in the city one night (bus only goes so far lol), when I was very nearly attacked by a drop bear. There are these huuuge eucalyptus trees at the bottom of my road - although I've heard they hide in different types of tree. I heard this grunting noise, I turned and saw the drop bear (like a koala but bigger) and started to run. I got a huuuge scratch on my back but I got away. :) So, be careful when walking home.

SEE!!! TOLD YOU SO!,thanks for this Bunny!!

Guest Guest75

When I'm am less Chateau Collapsa I will repeat the tale of my meeting with a very bad tempered Koala - or was I lucky and had a narrow escape from a Drop Bear!!:shocked:

I know I can clear our pool fence in one leap now!!!:shocked:

My Aussie mates still chuckle about this incident,:biglaugh:

Guest Barney Rubble
Knuckle duster should do the job!

Er no, that'll be cruel, they are a national treasure.:nah:

We have also forgotten to mention the swooping magpies,

luckily i've been training my Australian Shepherd to chase them since he was a pup, he's 2 - 1 up ATM

We have also forgotten to mention the swooping magpies,

So true...and don't forget those cheeky mynahs either!

Oh! Or those bloomin' mad preacher-types stirring ill feeling...give me the drop bears and boxing kangaroos (they're not all Skippy-act-alikes you know!) any day!

Sorry but I don't find that picture on a migration forum at all amusing, particularly since reading the news this week of the homeless guy in Florida having his face eaten off by another person.Yes by all means add to the myth of drop bears, but there is no need to put a graphic, and gory picture with it.

Guest pennyblack
Sorry but I don't find that picture on a migration forum at all amusing, particularly since reading the news this week of the homeless guy in Florida having his face eaten off by another person.Yes by all means add to the myth of drop bears, but there is no need to put a graphic, and gory picture with it.

Here here, I did report the post but as usual, because of who posted it, no action was taken.

Guest Guest75
Here here, I did report the post but as usual, because of who posted it, no action was taken.

You could have always just dropped me a polite PM asking me to remove it, I would have done so without question.:rolleyes:

I have done so now.:wink::cute:

All just a bit of fun, oft needed.

You will all be happy to know it was actually me in the original post and Tyke posted with my full consent. Since then I have undergone 6 operations, extensive plastic surgery and am almost back to normal but still at the mere mention of the furry animals that fall from trees (can't even say the proper words) turn into a gibbering wreck. It's a real threat people and I was a lucky one, most don't survive. Remember when walking under trees "look up look out"

Guest USA soon just SA

The real question we should be asking is: "how do they taste, and are they hard to cook?" Put the little monsters on the defensive is what I say!

Guest Guest75
The real question we should be asking is: "how do they taste, and are they hard to cook?" Put the little monsters on the defensive is what I say!

:biglaugh:

After my own heart!!!

Due to my upbringing on farms.................

They are Food.................

Pets..................

Or Vermin.................................

Just added another now as I am a keen fisherman ....................... Can be classed as bait as well.

The answer is chicken.................:wink::wink:

Edited by Guest75

Guest Helchops

Penny black, all your posts seem to be reporting someone.

Anyway, I love the fact that this forum is slightly more laid back than most, and we can have a laugh. If we keep bowing down to those easily offended, nobody would ever say anything.