2 Weeks and loving it!

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

Where do i start .....

We have been here just over 2 weeks but it seems like forever.

We left the uk and went to Bali for 4 days to get over the jetlag and relax before we got here. The most beautiful, cheapest place i have ever been to.

We are staying in Aldinga beach, we have a 3 bedroom fully furnished rental which we got through century 21 because we booked for 4 weeks we got it for $350 per week.

We've sorted out a long term rental which we move into next week, bought a car but were hiring from MD Auto's, Mick is a top guy and even let us use him as a reference for our rental. Hubby started work yesterday and is enjoying it. He's a plumber but the course doesn't start for another 6 weeks. Having said that he's loving what he's doing and don't think he'll be going back into plumbin g because there don't seem to be many trade jobs about.

Ben who is 13 started at Willung high a week after we got here, our 9 year old and 6 year old started yesterday and our 5 year old is at a transition morning and will start at the beginning of term 3. The kids all started in the same year that they were in back in the uk except for our 5 year old who will be starting in reception but saying that she was in reception in the uk (if that makes sense).

Our 6 year old is crying for her aunt and when i drop her off at school but its all new to her, hopefully she'll adjust.

The only downside is our container doesn't arrive until 27th July, it sat in the removal depot for 3 weeks, awful service from them. PM me and i'll tell you their name!!

The story so far is ........

We are loving it, i can't believe that we have only been here for just over 2 weeks, its the most laid back place in the world.

I had my doubts years ago about coming here but its the best move we've ever made!

Vikki

xx

Hi - did you use the one that begins with R? We are thinking of using them once we sell the god dam house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you have settled in well - it would be good to know what your eldest thinks of Willunga as it is one of the schools we are considering. What job is the OH doing?

Cheers,

Mis

Guest vikkiann

Heard lots of bad things about the R company, ours began with d, second name starts with b.

Willunga high is very laid back but all of the schools here are. Ben is loving the pe there.

Hi Vikki

We arrive on the 8th of September and we can't wait either, just made an offer on a house.

We are still getting quotes from shippers, so if you could let me know the details of the one you are using it could be useful.

Are you having a complete container?

Thanks again and I hope your love for Australia lasts a lifetime.

R & H

Thanks for that Vikki - thought you were going to use R. We didn't get a quote from those you mentioned. The strange thing with the removal companies is that you get so many different stories good and bad. There is just no one company that stands out from the rest.

What PE do they do at Willunga? When we looked it seemed to be volleyball, cricket and soccer but no mention of rugby. It would be handy to know first and what they actually do ?

Guest Paula H

Oh no, we are using D B :(

Glad your settling in well.

My son is 13 in Jan and the schools we have contacted have all told us the kids will go back a year. Xx

Guest vikkiann
Thanks for that Vikki - thought you were going to use R. We didn't get a quote from those you mentioned. The strange thing with the removal companies is that you get so many different stories good and bad. There is just no one company that stands out from the rest.

What PE do they do at Willunga? When we looked it seemed to be volleyball, cricket and soccer but no mention of rugby. It would be handy to know first and what they actually do 

With the volleyball, if they are good they get to take part in a tournament in Melbourne, i think its about $600.

Ben has done badminton which he loves and they definately do rugby, he came home on Monday with the grazes to prove it!

Just a little tip .... Buy trainers before you come here, Ben is a uk9 so he has huge feet, for a half decent pair for his size its in the region of $100.

My cousin works for R and when i heard some of the stories i avoided them!

Guest vikkiann
Oh no, we are using D B :(

Glad your settling in well.

My son is 13 in Jan and the schools we have contacted have all told us the kids will go back a year. Xx

Maybe its because mine started half way through the year and on their grades, they have all gone into the same years.

Ben is almost 14 and i've rang the school to ask if he can be given some harder work because he is finding it very easy.

We had to provide an address in australia before a container would be ordered, make sure you have that sorted, they didn't tell us until they had taken our belongings! You can use ours if you want?

Guest USA soon just SA

I think that everyone has gotten distracted by the talk of a shipper. The real issue in this thread is the 3 bedroom furished rental in aldinga beach for 350 pr week! please send me the info on either the rental unit itself, or the great realtor that lined it up for you. We have bought our tickets, and will be there on October 22, and havng the short term rental lined up would really put both of us at ease (because, you know, once that is sorted, there NOTHING ELSE to worry about, right?????????)

Guest vikkiann
I think that everyone has gotten distracted by the talk of a shipper. The real issue in this thread is the 3 bedroom furished rental in aldinga beach for 350 pr week! please send me the info on either the rental unit itself, or the great realtor that lined it up for you. We have bought our tickets, and will be there on October 22, and havng the short term rental lined up would really put both of us at ease (because, you know, once that is sorted, there NOTHING ELSE to worry about, right?????????)

I've pm'd you!

Guest Paula H

We have been looking at 4 bed properties in Aldinga for $350 a week, lovely some of them, its cause they are so far away from the CBD.

Guest Paula H
Maybe its because mine started half way through the year and on their grades, they have all gone into the same years.

Ben is almost 14 and i've rang the school to ask if he can be given some harder work because he is finding it very easy.

We had to provide an address in australia before a container would be ordered, make sure you have that sorted, they didn't tell us until they had taken our belongings! You can use ours if you want?

Thats great thank you.

we have a 2week rental lined up in Aldinga so could use that add if needed.