Ashes warm up

Guest Guest5035

Guest Barney Rubble

Yep go Ricky 'Punter' Ponting . . . . .

I'll hold my faith for the Three Lion's . . . . . unlike the football debacle :mad:

1 win in 8 penalty shoot-outs FFS !

The POMS win by 15 runs thanks to the Irishman in the team......

Yeh yeh and all the aussie players can trace their ancestors back several generations of course?

You're preaching to the wrong group of people - expecting a group of ex pats in Australia to think they have any less right to call themselves "Australian" than someone whose father, mother, grandmother, and grandfather was born here.....:wink:

Well to be fair Diane he played for Ireland first born in Dublin and then when England saw that he had talent persuaded him to play for England!!! Nothing to do with ancestry he is a born and bred Irishman............I wont start with the South Africans.

Strauss - born in South Africa

KP - born in South Africa

Trott - born in South Africa

So what you are saying is if someone moves to another country with their family, works there, pays taxes there, buys property there that they live in, and sends their kids to school there.... then they still don't have the right to ever call themselves citizens of that country??

Diane (born in Australia but would still have happily played ANYTHING for England when I lived there...and mother of two children born in England who I beleive should have every right to play a sport for Australia if they so wish at some stage in the future!!)

Guest Django
I wont start with the South Africans.

Strauss - born in South Africa

KP - born in South Africa

Trott - born in South Africa

Jeeeeeez make your mind up. :biglaugh:

Guest desolateone

England win, fantastic, brilliant!!! Despite have an Australian wife and children and holding dual nationality, I will always follow England until I die!!! So what that Morgan played for Ireland, as far as I know he could have played for Canada, who gives a damn! I won't even begin on foreign stars Au have had in Cricket, Football and Rugby, it is neither here or there!!! I was born in England and just because I am lucky to have an option of here or there, it won't change my heart or love for my country of birth. Very proud to be English, always will!!! Just wish others would not knock their country so much it... On a personal note will be at a test match next year for the Ashes and will firmly stand alongside my Aussie wife supporting England!! As for the thread I would hardly call a couple of one day internationals an ashes warm up, still have another year to wait!!! That is all :-)

Guest Django
England win, fantastic, brilliant!!! Despite have an Australian wife and children and holding dual nationality, I will always follow England until I die!!! So what that Morgan played for Ireland, as far as I know he could have played for Canada, who gives a damn! I won't even begin on foreign stars Au have had in Cricket, Football and Rugby, it is neither here or there!!! I was born in England and just because I am lucky to have an option of here or there, it won't change my heart or love for my country of birth. Very proud to be English, always will!!! Just wish others would not knock their country so much it... On a personal note will be at a test match next year for the Ashes and will firmly stand alongside my Aussie wife supporting England!! As for the thread I would hardly call a couple of one day internationals an ashes warm up, still have another year to wait!!! That is all :-)

Spot on. I don't understand why English people would support Oz agains their own country. I have yet to meet an aussie topside that cheer on the 3 lions in an ashes test match and quite rightly so.

Edited by Django

Guest Guest5035
. I have yet to meet an aussie topside that cheer on the 3 lions in an ashes test match and quite rightly so.

because they are not stupid:wink:

stevo

by the way who are you barracking for at wimbledon.

Edited by Guest5035

It doesn't bode well for the Ashes 

Not sure why but one day form doesn't seem to have a great bearing on Ashes form - when England won the Ashes here last time they then proceeded to get thoroughly thrashed in the one dayers... perhaps Australia losing these two games is a good sign for them in the Ashes...

I would usually agree with that Diane but looking at the way they played against the West Indies England are far far ahead and it will be in English conditions. Mind you if this summer is anything to go by the Ashes will be drawn - twice as much rainfall for June and looking like it was the wettest June on record ?

England have also improved in the one day format mainly in having a very good bowling attack and they seem to plan much better for each opposing batsman - Australia need to get Geoff Miller back and quick!