Glad June is over!

jtct

It has not been a good month for me. A few highlights though - Jazz festival at Mount Barker, a good break in the Clare Valley, fun at a Barista's course in Klemzig (don't ask) and a few nice sunny days but ......

I've been feeling less than OK for a few weeks and after a viral infection, nausea and extreme exhaustion I had an emergency appointment with my doc just over a week ago. Within a week I had had loads of blood tests and an uncomfortable morning of scans. I'm impressed how quickly things happened and most of it was covered by Medicare.

The good news is that its nothing life threatening and I have some great pictures of various internal organs, the bad news is I have 'numerous' gallstones. Luckily I don't need surgery .... yet, if I modify my diet and cut out fats (and cut back on the glasses of Merlot!) I think the 'not knowing' was worse than waiting for the diagnosis and hopefully I'll be more or less back to my old self pretty soon. Fasting for the next 12 hours as I have a glucose tolerance test tomorrow. Not diabetes luckily but rather high blood sugar that will need to be watched. Hopefully I'll now be prompted to lose a few kilos with an even healthier diet!

So sorry to hear of all of your medical problems and hoping you get back to your normal self - I've read many of your positive and friendly posts on here and they ave been a welcoming and friendly help to me so just wanted to say thank-you and wish you well and a speedy recovery - I think sometimes these little reminders are blessings in disguise and little reminders to look after ourselves a little better (I know I need to!) x

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad time of it lately, but pleased they've gotten to the bottom of it quickly. Hopefully things will improve and you're back to your old self soon.

Take care x

Thanks guys. At least we've got some sunshine again and I've just had the last of the blood tests - it was so cold my veins went into hiding! Doesn't help when they need 3 samples at hourly intervals (1 have 7-8 large bruises on both elbows and the backs of my hands as she had to try several times to get blood out)

The nausea has almost gone and I'm sleeping well again so heaps better than I was. Roll on summer.

Guest Sachertorte

Totally sympathise with you- I too have been through the same ordeal with the gallstones, I am booked for surgery in a month's time.

Not easy to have a full night's sleep, often waking up with nausea etc. Can't wait to have it done!!

The competence of the docs I have been dealt with at Flinders Emergency Dept is top notch. They get a lot done in a very short time.

Today is a lovely sunny day and had lunch outside and found myself thinking "Aaaah.... isn't this lovely" :cute:

Guest Celine

Hi Clive,

sorry to hear that you have been feeling under the weather but hopefully you are on the mend now. You should have popped in whilst in Mount Barker for the Jazz, it was excellent. It has definetly put Mount Barker on the map!!

If you ever fancy meeting up for a coffee, please let me know. I feel as if I know you both very well after going through the visa process which seems sooooooo long ago now

Celine

It has not been a good month for me. A few highlights though - Jazz festival at Mount Barker, a good break in the Clare Valley, fun at a Barista's course in Klemzig (don't ask) and a few nice sunny days but ......

I've been feeling less than OK for a few weeks and after a viral infection, nausea and extreme exhaustion I had an emergency appointment with my doc just over a week ago. Within a week I had had loads of blood tests and an uncomfortable morning of scans. I'm impressed how quickly things happened and most of it was covered by Medicare.

The good news is that its nothing life threatening and I have some great pictures of various internal organs, the bad news is I have 'numerous' gallstones. Luckily I don't need surgery .... yet, if I modify my diet and cut out fats (and cut back on the glasses of Merlot!) I think the 'not knowing' was worse than waiting for the diagnosis and hopefully I'll be more or less back to my old self pretty soon. Fasting for the next 12 hours as I have a glucose tolerance test tomorrow. Not diabetes luckily but rather high blood sugar that will need to be watched. Hopefully I'll now be prompted to lose a few kilos with an even healthier diet!

I'm really surpised you haven't been referred for surgery for the gallstones as the docs here don't like to take chances with them. I had mine done at Flinders last Dec after 3 bad days of stomach pain and nausea back in July, no probs at all after and Flinders were fantastic.

Surgery was mentioned but this was the first time I had had any problems with the gallstones so, rather than rush into it, I'm prepared to make a few changes to my diet first to see if that helps. Feeling great today - best for over a month and I've enjoyed a Chinese meal yesterday and fish and chips today! (Just test my 'fat' tolerence).