6 months in and it's heaps good ;)

minty

Don't know where the last 6 months have gone as its flown by but yep we've been here for 6 months as of today. Enjoyed every minute and apart from the crap TV everything is great and I couldn't have asked for more. Oz is a great place, not perfect (but where is) but is all we wanted and more. Adelaide is great for family's and there so much to do that you can't get bored unless we'll your boring. If you get the chance give it a go and give it everything. Good luck to all coming out and see you one day "down under"

Congratulations! We've been here 9 months now and loving every minute (except perhaps the cold nights at the moment)

I agree most TV is crap but enjoying watching the Grand Prix and Tour de France live at the moment and Andy will be on soon at Wimbledon - going to be a long night!

I'm very happy for you guys. Great post! Reading it made me want to jump a plane and fly out right this minute. Can't wait and surely see you guys 'down under'.:smile:

Hi !

that is exactly the sort of post I want to read ! Our stuff has been packed up and taken away by the shippers and so now we are past the point of return! Virtually camping out in an empty house at the minute until we move out to my Mums in about a week. So exciting, not knowing how it's going to play out and hope we are just like you in 6 months time. btw we will be there just over three weeks today !

Lisa

Don't know where the last 6 months have gone as its flown by but yep we've been here for 6 months as of today. Enjoyed every minute and apart from the crap TV everything is great and I couldn't have asked for more. Oz is a great place, not perfect (but where is) but is all we wanted and more. Adelaide is great for family's and there so much to do that you can't get bored unless we'll your boring. If you get the chance give it a go and give it everything. Good luck to all coming out and see you one day "down under"

Great stuff, The Bacons!! Glad to hear you're loving it as much as we are! And I agree about the crap TV! We came out just a couple of months after you and I've enjoyed reading your positive posts throughout.

Good luck with it all and here's to the next 6 months, years etc.

Lyn x

Guest dondon75

This is very positive and just what I wanted to hear! We now have our visa but not coming out till next year about April 2013. Looking into short term rentals in and around the area you are but all very expensive, any tips on cheaper short term furnished all inclusive rentals much appreciated.

This is very positive and just what I wanted to hear! We now have our visa but not coming out till next year about April 2013. Looking into short term rentals in and around the area you are but all very expensive, any tips on cheaper short term furnished all inclusive rentals much appreciated.

Furnished rentals are more expensive so we only booked for 2 weeks and in that time managed to do all of the paperwork, get a car licences and managed to secure a long term unfurnished rental. It was a busy couple of weeks but in my opinion worth it as it gets you up and about straight away. I would go for a furnished rental though over a hotel as it gives you more space and a homely base for the first few weeks and when you have been rushing around all day its nice to come back to a home to relax. Good luck.