How many Poms are in Adelaide???

keldaz

Hi Guys, as we live in the North West suburbs, this is where we spend most of our time. Its only when we travel across Adelaide we're reminded what vast area it covers. This led to a conversation about, the fact you could live here for years and never cross the path of any other Poms, and this got us to wondering how many of us are here.

Every time I log on here, I see new user names and plenty more people coming over. Would be interesting to know, how many Poms are in Adelaide? Or even SA general? How this compares to other cities and states? What percentage stay or return home? And how long have you been here? Lady in our local PO been here since 1972, can you top that?

Thanks in advance, enquiring minds need to know.:tongue:

Edited by keldaz
We don't live in North East Suburbs doh!

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/data?opendocument&navpos=200

http://abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/sa-46?opendocument&navpos=620

Its in there somewhere. I read there are up to 43% in some areas of Australia - not sure where though

This makes interesting reading if you like statistics

http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2011/quickstat/4

Edited by jtct

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Here at last!

I was very surprised when we travelled to the Barossa for a kids soccer match to hear a scottish accent.

NicF we are in Athelstone so not far away!

Guest Barney Rubble
There were at least 4 in the lift with me the other day. :wink:

How did you know i was a pom, i never even spoke a word AND i have had a bath this month too :notworthy:

Guest Kadphises
According to the advertiser ( which has as much credibility as the daily mail) it's 101,709

That would be just under 10% of Adelaide's population. So, about every 1 in 10 would be British, sounds very high.

Guest Barney Rubble
According to the advertiser ( which has as much credibility as the daily mail) it's 101,709

After today's Sunday Mail front page i think the papers here are desperately looking for stories, FFS that is desparation journalism as it's worst :skeptical: