London Bus money box

flossybeth

Hello,

not sure where this should go so I though I'd put it somewhere general.

We are house-sitting at the moment while we sort out long-term rentals etc... but our 9 year old has used a red ceramic London bus money box as a "peg" for his den, forgot to mention it to anyone so when the rug was pulled back over the sofa the moneybox crashed to the floor and typically broke rather than bounced.

We've looked on line and found an identical one through Ebay but they are pick up only and up in Brisbane (much as I'd love to head up that way it's not going to happen in the next 5 weeks - which is what we have before the house owners return). So I though I'd ask any of you who may have been here a year or two... if you may have seen any around town. It is very specific in that it has 15 Strand and 2011 on the front but it doesn't look too limited edition (certainly not now with it's roof caved in!) so we were hoping to be able to replace it without anyone suspecting :policeman:.

Many thanks,

Guest USA soon just SA

we are packing our stuff from america on the 15th of next month, and if e-bay USA has one, and you can get it to our house before we pack, we would be happy to throw it in with our stuff for you.

Thank you for your suggestions - I went into the Woolies at Seaford this afternoon but the lady said that they were a special consignment so no luck there; don't suppose your daughter would be willing to give hers up?! I'd offer her something nice in return...:smile:

The pomsinoz call is a good idea I'll give it a try this evening and see if they're as helpful as you've all been - if not it'll be a confession via email and a hasty exit on their return!