Industrial shed is that permitted?

sduffy

Hi guys,wander if anyone can offer advice.Our neighbour across the road in Seaford Rise originally had a large car port on his side driveway,he has today had erected what appears to me to be an industrial shed,is he allowed to do that.It totally overwhelms his house and is frankly a bloody eyesore.

It is not in keeping with any other garages or carports in the street.

What recourse do we have ?

Any advice welcome..

Sue

Thanks Mcleods,i had the same idea when i got off the computer.

I am bloody livid ,it is about 12 ft high and 20ft wide and the bloody council think that is ok apparently they have given planning permission.

Why dont they have to consult neighbours who are going to be looking at that eye sore before they grant position.

Our formal lounge is now looking on to this monstrosity.

I am absolutely livid.So much for everything has to be kept in keeping with the rest of the area,its a flippin joke

Sue

Guest Crushfamily

Use this link to enter an address (road name only no number) and this will tell you what planning applications are in locally!

B*lls! Thats what comes of using the Internet at work!

http://www.onkaparingacity.com/onka/living_here/planning_development/development_applications/track_your_application.jsp

Edited by Crushfamily
Gross stupidity!

I must admit that this is one aspect of Adelaide life that I really bugs me.

There are some absolute monstrosities around in residential areas and I have no idea how they have ever passed any kind of planning permission process. There seem to be no rules with regards to building in keeping with the surroundings (although I know areas like West Lakes and Golden Grove do have rules). We still haven't bought a house yet, but I would live in fear of some ugly building/shed/extension/fence/wall being erected next door. For example, at the corner of our street (a T-junction) one house has totally surrounded their front garden with a 6 foot high colourbond fence, which seriously blocks any view of traffic at the junction, for drivers and pedestrians. I don't know how they got away with it.

As time goes on areas just get scruffier and scruffier, it makes me cringe! The appearance of the general environment is so important to peoples' sense of wellbeing, a nicely kept area makes everyone feel better and promotes a sense of community. I really don't understand why things are so slack here.

Good luck !!!

Edited by Anne B