Wildlife

Guest maxLIFE

Guest maxLIFE

Hey all,

In preparation for our move I bought my dearest a book:

Dangerous Australians: The Complete Guide to Australia's Most Deadly Creatures:arghh:

I thought education is better than imagination. Apparently it isn't.

A good read though!

maxLIFE

Don't worry, if you're coming to South Australia a lot of the really horrible ones are not in this part of the country. Some of them are, ok, but we don't get deadly stingers in the water, salt water crocs, ticks that cause heart attacks, and cade toads that kill dogs etc etc - our only really poisonous spider is the redback, and apart from the sharks (oh and the odd blue-ringed octopus), the water is fine to swim in! Just head off to the South Australian museum when you get here, and familiarise yourself with the local threats rather than worrying about all the other stuff - Australia's a mighty big place and it's not all the same!

Guest maxLIFE

Hi Diane,

Ta for the reassurance, I think! Hoping if things go well with our application that we may be over to validate our PR visa in July... Which is scary enough! We'll be sure to check out the museum, thanks for the tip.

maxLIFE