Any Police That Can Give Me Some Advice

minty

Hi all, after a bit of advice from a policeman if atall possible. Was involved in a minor RTA yesterday and the lady was drunk and tried to not stop. Followed her and she drove into a house do I blocked the drive and called the police. Realizing she had been caught and the house she drove to wasnt hers she decided to try to ram my car to get me out the way and then the police turned up and took her of. Now the copper gave me a vehicle collision report card but due to the fact she was to drunk he could only get a name out of her and said once at the station he would phone me later to give me her full details and a report number. So far he has not phoned but I guess he's busy and has a million and one things to do. How long do you wait before the incident is logged and you chase for the number. Insurance company is processing but so I don't have to pay the excess they said give them the incident number and her details as soon as possible. Don't want to phone if it just takes a few days normally.

Thanks for any help,

Chris.

As above... It's a VCR number you need to ask for, you can also be expected to give a statement so she can be prosecuted.

i take it you received some injury!!

the police incident number (PIR) will relate to the patrols coming out, you may want to ask for that number as your insurance will contact police for that.

who was the officer and where did it occur?

pm me I may be able to get in touch!!

I am fine and got no injury luckily. But acted due to how badly drunk she was. If I would have let her go she could of killed someone and I wouldn't want that on my conscience. But I'm more then happy to give a statement and if that helps then all the better. She wasn't one over, she could barley stand. I will wait until the morning and phone Sturt police station to get the number.