Drugs in Sport

Diane

Well I can't say I'm all that surprised. I thought it was pretty unlikely that of all the sports in the world, and all the money in sport, the only ones where partcipants were taking performance enhancing drugs were cycling, athletics and boxing!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sport/see-our-snapshot-of-todays-acc-report-detailing-the-use-of-performance-enhancing-drugs-and-crime-links-in-australian-sport/story-fndukor0-1226572696758

Sounds like it's pretty widespread out here.... Actually I think it starts at a really young age - I was chatting to a soccer mum last year and she said there had been protest at her son's soccer club after it was found the coach was taking the lads into the dressing room before the game and handing out sugar pills to "boost their energy" - this was a group of 15 year-olds...

I have to nail my colours to the mast though and say that I am still a huge fan of Lance Armstrong - whatever he was taking, I'm pretty sure all his competitors were taking the same or worse, so in some strange way, it meant that they were still competing on a level playing field. In my eyes he is still an amazing athlete who overcame great challenges and achieved great things.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ricky Ponting was doped up to the eyeballs occasionally though....... :wink:

Guest Guest5035

Wouldn't surprise me if Ricky Ponting was doped up to the eyeballs occasionally though....... :wink:

he was always chewing chewies Diane

in a week it will have blown over, its Australias answer to the Lance Armstrong doping issue..

Stevo