What do you think?

csobrien1966

As most of you all know I am a real estate agent and I think I am pretty good at it and try to help as many as I can with free advice on suburbs and send free property reports for different suburbs every 4 months.

Recently a few people who have bought off me and sold through me have said I should go on my own. I work for a large company and feel that a lot of people would not sell with this company or big companies in general. Am I right?

Or, really does it come down to who is your agent and how comfortable you feel with them?

If I went on my own it would be a huge risk, having a big mortgage etc, but again I would not have to pay franchise fees or split fees with the office. This means I could charge slightly less fees.

Any thoughts or opinions would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Guest Ross Dymond

any business is a risk, be it selling peanuts or houses. It's all about weighing up if you believe you can get the work. Personally I prefer to use smaller companies when dealing with just about anything as they tend to care a little more, however I'm unsure if this lends itself to your area of work.

this post probably isn't that helpful, but I guess what I'm saying is no-one probably knows what to expect more than yourself, perhaps have a chat with some more people in your industry, work friends maybe?

Ross

Guest Guest75

I've been waiting for you to do this Chris, thought you might have already gone out there on your own.

You are your own personality - not some flaming corporate franchise homogeneous entity!!

You have your own style Chris - I see you will be successful!! But up to you!!:smile::smile::smile:

Or I could have just said...................About f*****g time!!!!

Edited by Guest75

I would say there are 2 things to make you successful Chris, this is on top of your superior service that you offer anyway.

1. FEES........I think it is high on the list of everyone as they are currently v.high.

2. ADVERTISING......If you can advertise a lot , it will bring a lot of enquiries which lead to signing people up and gets your name out further. Not cheap, but I think a neccessity

How about Southern real estate as a name!!!

Give us a buzz sometime, Ill expand a bit

I would say there are 2 things to make you successful Chris, this is on top of your superior service that you offer anyway.

1. FEES........I think it is high on the list of everyone as they are currently v.high.

2. ADVERTISING......If you can advertise a lot , it will bring a lot of enquiries which lead to signing people up and gets your name out further. Not cheap, but I think a neccessity

How about Southern real estate as a name!!!

Give us a buzz sometime, Ill expand a bit

I will do mate, How is the new career?

I do agree with what you are saying but I think paper press is on its way out. 84% of homes sold last year were from internet alone.

Do you think the paper press really helps?