Wanted - Driving Supervisor - Earn Extra Cash and Help Me To Pass!

Guest J&MGlasgow

Guest J&MGlasgow

Hello all driving license holders -

I am currently learning to drive. I'm 31 and if I could turn back time, I would have learned 10 years ago. However, having just recently moved to Australia from the UK, I've never really needed my license. The UK is so small you can get anywhere on the bus or train! I'm now in a job where I travel a lot so taking the bus in hot 40 degree weather is no longer an option!

As some of you may know, to get your license here you need to clock up 75 hours of driving before you can do what they call your 'final drive' (with a proper driving instructor). I've already done around 20 hours with my driving instructor and now it's just a case of more practice.

So, I'm looking for someone to sit in the passenger seat whilst I drive around mostly the western suburbs. Unfortunately, the friends we have made are all quite far away and I feel bad asking people to give up their own time when they've been working all day.

Here are the requirements:

-Have an unconditional license authorising you to drive a Class C vehicle (or an equivalent foreign license as approved by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles). UK licenses are fine!

-Have held the above full license unconditionally, without disqualification for the last 2 years

-Not hold a provisional or probationary license or be subject to a condition of "good behaviour"

-Supervise me driving 1 to 2 hours per night (start after 5:30pm), 2 or 3 times a week

-Pick-up and drop off in Glenelg North (Anzac Highway). You can park your car on a quiet street beside my house

-Must be calm and be able to direct me to where we should go

-Must have excellent knowledge of road rules and a good sense of direction

-Must be over the age of 25, mature and responsible

-Female preferred

-Must always bring their valid driving license

-Must enter in my 'Log Book' the start & finish time, their license number and signature

-Must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs!

Additional Info:

-We will be driving my car - which is insured for a learner driver (I can provide documents)

-We won't do any complicated manoeuvers. Just straight roads, some small roundabouts, easy turns and traffic lights.

-I have L plates on the front and back window

-$20 per hour

Overall, my driving ability is fairly good. It really is just to clock up the hours so I'm happy to stay on quiet roads if you prefer. If interested, PM me or text me. Looking to get started this week so I'll have my license by April.

Thanks, Jo 0426575750