Grabags is glum.......

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

Sorry guys....you know me, I don't normally post on here but seeing as it is 9.50pm and the hubby has gone to bed an hour ago with a cup of tea I realised things weren't right!!!

The house sale has gone a bit 'tits up'. Yeah......still the loft conversion thing. Apparently according to the recent surveyor we're living in a one bedroomed bungalow with a 50ft lounge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a loft conversion!!!

Bearing in mind the house was built in 1972 (same as me ;)) with 4 beds, we're at a loss. I think the fact that we should be out there by now isn't helping and I've never seen Grabags so upset.......which means I am now............we're sooooooooo sad that's all I wanted to say. Got it off my chest now, sorry guys. Night night xx Jac x

Guest Django

I don't know what to say Jac. :sad: Why has this guy got it in his head its a conversion job????? :mad:Seems very strange. I really feel for you guys, so near yet so far.

Pete

Sorry guys....you know me, I don't normally post on here but seeing as it is 9.50pm and the hubby has gone to bed an hour ago with a cup of tea I realised things weren't right!!!

The house sale has gone a bit 'tits up'. Yeah......still the loft conversion thing. Apparently according to the recent surveyor we're living in a one bedroomed bungalow with a 50ft lounge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a loft conversion!!!

Bearing in mind the house was built in 1972 (same as me ;)) with 4 beds, we're at a loss. I think the fact that we should be out there by now isn't helping and I've never seen Grabags so upset.......which means I am now............we're sooooooooo sad that's all I wanted to say. Got it off my chest now, sorry guys. Night night xx Jac x

Guys ,

Dont know what to say im afraid, when i left Gra earlier he was full of beans hanging onto phone waiting for call that all gone through. Cant believe it now reading this:sad:.

Really feel for you guys now, wish we could say something to make you all feel better. But try to stay positive and dont let some jumped up surveyor ruin your dream! Give us his name and PIA wil send the heavies round (Pete and Dan ;))

Gra dont worry the next game will be in the warm ozzie sunshine soon mate!

Guest Libby1971

Oh honey

I am sending a massive hug to you both (((((((((((you two)))))))))))).

Is there anything a solicitor can do? Is there anyone with a similar house to yours in the street who can confirm what you have said?...bit more evidence.

If that doesn't work, imagine a cake in the shape of Oz and the look on that blokes face when it hits him full in the mush!!!! Not very helpful...:nah:

I am thinking of you. Please take care, and things will work out, I promise. You will be here before you know it, I will get the stuff ready now for a big barbie. In the meantime, you rant away and get it all off your chest on here as much as you like

Libby

sounds like he's just messing around for the sake of it. Having been to your house it didn't strike me as a one bedroom bungalow!!! Keep smiling and hopefully things will work out, when you get here this will be all be forgotten in a haze of Coopers Pale Ale and red wine!!!!

Guest Guest75

Bl***y hell!!!!

So sorry to read this.

I really wish there was something I could do to ease this situation.

I just cannot understand the surveyor and all the other idiots involved:wacko:

Thoughts are with you - keep your chin up both of you.

Hiya, just wanted to say how I feel for you guys. My parents are in the same boat (ish) as need to sell their house before they can come out to live. Its just so frustrating and so saddening for everyone.

Chin up hun

Judi xxxxx (more extra kisses than my usual one, as I think your situation calls for it!!);)

Guest caoimhe

Oh Jacqui I really really feel for you both

What the hell is this guy playing at :wacko:.

It must be so fraustrating for you, I know it easy for me to say but try and stay positive

Jacqui:wubclub:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

That is so horrible, hang in there both of you, it will happen, it did for us. Our house sale was a nightmare, believe me. How they can make a dispute over silly things is beyond me!

Everyhting happens for a reason and this will happen. Good luck figers crossed!

sarah

Hey Gra and jac,

Same here.... don't really know what to say, that i havent already said!! I still got everything crossed for you all!!

And if you do need the heavies (cheers ian).....we'll be right there to sort em out big bad Dan style!!

Keep your heads up guys....easier said then done yes....but still!! All good things come..... Plus i need someone there to show me the local bottle shop!!!!

Dan and Steph

Guest donna T

Bugger that what a nightmare:sad:

Keep your chin up - we had loads of problems from solicitors and surveyors etc etc before we sold and although it took a lot longer than we wanted - it did happen. Remember things happen for a reason - the delay coming could mean that everything slots beautifully into place when you arrive.

Failing that bit of useless mumbling - keep your chin up and don;t let the buggers get you down - good luck

Donna x

Guest mOZzy

what a nightmare!!!

i thought of calling you the other day but since i've not heard anything i was worried to get my head bitten of for asking .... :wacko:;)

just wondering: what IS the problem? are the plans available for 'the conversion'????

if so just sell it as a 1 bedroom house - that also decreases the council tax ;) - the buyer should be happy since he likes the house as it is and actually wants to buy it!!!!!

is the surveyor hired by the buyer?? couldn't they consult a 2nd one??

sorry, just thinking out loud. i am sure you thought of all of this but well, i am just gobsmacked and so sorry for you guys!!

keep in there and don't give up!!!

i've got everything crossed for you :wubclub:

Guest Rachael

Hi Jac

So sorry to hear you're still having troubles. We had similar problem when our buyers surveyor wanted a FENSA certificate for a UPC window and door in our garage! We don't have one as we only moved in 2 years ago and the door and window were put in long before that.

We went back and forth for a few weeks with the mortgage company saying they wouldn't give our buyer the money until it was sorted.

In the end I had to ring Building Control at Bournemouth Council and see whether you needed a FENSA certificate for the garage, and you dont!

(FENSA certificates are only needed on houses to say they have been put in safely and are properly insulating the house)

It was very annoying as surely both solicitors should have known this. After I told them, the problem was dropped!

Anyway, I hope you're problems will be sorted out soon so you can start your new life in Oz. We're still waiting for Mum and Dad to get a buyer for their home before we go. So we're moving in with them for a while.

Take care,

R xxxx :o

Guest ali@51

Hi you two

so sorry to here your news. This seems to be somthing they are crash hot on at the min. We had a nightmare with our sale. They asked for building regs for our conservetory. Explained it was put up befor building regs, asked for building regs for electrics in consetory see previous answer, asked for building regs for windows in conservetory, see previous answer, asked for building regs for dwaf wall in consevetory see previous answer we must have gone through that list at least 4 x befor they got it!!!!! Your sale or a sale will go through eventualy you just have to keep going and drinking the wine!!!!!!

ale

Guest louiesmum

Hi Jac Gra

What can anyone say!! Just thinking of you all! We know exactly what you are going through(I was just about to write a similar post myself, not been a good week, roll on next lets hope it better)as we are having our fair share of troubles at the mo!! Its so gutting! So near yet so far. Just hang on in there!! Hope it gets sorted very very soon. Take care all of you. If Gra wants a game of golf give Neil a shout maybe they could meet in the middle.

Guest graandjac

:notworthy:Thanks Jac love ya x x , and thanks guys , yes went to bed at 9 but was up again at 2 and stayed that way untill the morning, good news today got the house plans from the planning office to stick up the surveyers a** .

But guess what...............................................they sent through the wrong house plans :realmad:....but oh well another co** up to add to the list , will we ever get there...?:sad:

Cheers Graham

YES YOU WILL GET HERE..........DEFINITELY.

We have all experienced cock ups along the way, our house sale was a private sale & believe me it took FOREVER at the time.

Stick with it, stay positive. It will get sorted.

Good luck & see ya soon

Angela x

Hi you two

so sorry to here your news. This seems to be somthing they are crash hot on at the min. We had a nightmare with our sale. They asked for building regs for our conservetory. Explained it was put up befor building regs, asked for building regs for electrics in consetory see previous answer, asked for building regs for windows in conservetory, see previous answer, asked for building regs for dwaf wall in consevetory see previous answer we must have gone through that list at least 4 x befor they got it!!!!! Your sale or a sale will go through eventualy you just have to keep going and drinking the wine!!!!!!

ale

Sounds like a solicitor talking out of thier rear end!. .....Unless your conservatory is a huge beast!!!. You dont need building regs unless youve opened it up to the inside of your house. ie. no patio/french doors in between conserve and living rooms.Most conservs are done under permitted develop[ment also.

Hi Jac

So sorry to hear you're still having troubles. We had similar problem when our buyers surveyor wanted a FENSA certificate for a UPC window and door in our garage! We don't have one as we only moved in 2 years ago and the door and window were put in long before that.

We went back and forth for a few weeks with the mortgage company saying they wouldn't give our buyer the money until it was sorted.

In the end I had to ring Building Control at Bournemouth Council and see whether you needed a FENSA certificate for the garage, and you dont!

(FENSA certificates are only needed on houses to say they have been put in safely and are properly insulating the house)

It was very annoying as surely both solicitors should have known this. After I told them, the problem was dropped!

Anyway, I hope you're problems will be sorted out soon so you can start your new life in Oz. We're still waiting for Mum and Dad to get a buyer for their home before we go. So we're moving in with them for a while.

Take care,

R xxxx :o

When you see a FENSA inspector at work.....................he checks the glass is around the right way..yes so it insulates properly. He wouldnt have a clue, and wouldnt care if it was put in properly............most have never fitted a window in their life.And yes you dont need "K" glass in non habitable rooms.......the double glazing firms wont tell you that, they just charge you for the more expensive glass!

Guest graandjac

:realmad:Up date , picked the plans up today and faxed to the buyers soliciter , guess what the plans showed ...........yes we do infact live in a challet bungalow as we told him in the first place, now we see what they find.....another wait:arghh:Cheers Graham