• 1 Post By ratters2005
    • 1 Post By maxLIFE

Thread: Police mobile speed guns

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep

Police mobile speed guns

Hi all, not sure where to put this so here goes.
      If you go past a hidden policeman with a speed gun (I was about 54in a 50 going downhill and braking before I saw him) do they have to stop you to issue the fine or will it come through the post? I am aware that I have no chance of avoiding if it comes as I was over but not on purpose but I'm just worried now and could well do without a big fine and 3 points. Thanks for listening.

Title
      Liked
      3836 times
      Rep
      They'll send it to you in the post if they caught you. Fingeres crossed your speedo overreads....
      Juliahemingway likes this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Title
      Liked
      1430 times
      Rep
      hi julia, as far as i know if it is someone holding a gun they stop you right away, if it is a van with mobile speed camera they can post it, i stand to be corrected tho!

Title
      Liked
      14 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Claire-n-tel View Post
      hi julia, as far as i know if it is someone holding a gun they stop you right away, if it is a van with mobile speed camera they can post it, i stand to be corrected tho!
      Hope so then. It was a man stood with a mobile gun behind a car and he was with 3 police officers on bikes. He walked off after I went past which made me think they were going to come and I slowed down to 40 all the way down the road in anticipation of being pulled over but they never came. I had heard that they have to pull you over but you never know with technology these days. Diane My speedo may run high as my sat nab always seems to be lower than the speedo when I use it so fingers crossed.
      Rich & Chit likes this.

Title
      Liked
      142 times
      Rep
      I have had two speeding fines since Christmas, both sent through the post from a speed camera attached to the front of their car. The first was 10km over and a $390 fine plus 3 points, the second was about $260 and 2 points for 6km over.(I haven't paid it yet!) Do not speed along Blacks Rd, Flagstaff Hill, the camera was there for three days last week.
      So if you are following an Xtrail along there, doing between 50-55km, its me, I really cannot afford any more fines.

Title
      Liked
      177 times
      Rep
      They should stop you, indicate the speed you were caught at and then issue a ticket.
      you may however get a caution through the post...
      dont worry I would hazard a guess the bike police would have been on your bumper if you had exceed the speed limit.
      there also tend to give you a tolerance of 10%
      or around that, depending on if they had a bad night with the wife or a shot morning with the boss..

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Juliahemingway View Post
      Hi all, not sure where to put this so here goes.
      If you go past a hidden policeman with a speed gun (I was about 54in a 50 going downhill and braking before I saw him) do they have to stop you to issue the fine or will it come through the post? I am aware that I have no chance of avoiding if it comes as I was over but not on purpose but I'm just worried now and could well do without a big fine and 3 points. Thanks for listening.
      You may be ok. Most car manufacturers build in a tolerance of +3mph on speedos. So if your speedo was reading 54mph you'd actually be doing 51mph.

maxLIFE

•