whinge whinge

Guest Guest5035

Sorry but All I asked for was a good Sunday roast!! Wasn't having a whinge... Was just asking a question?

Isn't that what this sites about?

Nothing wrong with your thread Natski - I think Stevo might be bored and looking for a good chuckle......after all if you look at his thread it is all about a good whinge.....:wink:

Guest Guest5035
Sorry but All I asked for was a good Sunday roast!! Wasn't having a whinge... Was just asking a question?

Isn't that what this sites about?

you did say british roast in post #3, this is australia , we do australian roasts..

stevo

Guest Guest5035
how does that help anyone Steve?

John B

australian roast, not british. its like the gravy, yorkshire puds, its a Australian equivalent..

stevo

Edited by Guest5035

Guest Natski33

just to clarify British roast is different to a Australian roast obviously! Would you have a Yorkshire pudding on your Australia roast?!

A lot of the other states in Australia do actual British roasts so think its obviously in popular hey?

Seemed to get several replies so Any suggestions from you would be welcome!!

Guest Guest5035

Seemed to get several replies so Any suggestions from you would be welcome!!

My suggestion to anyone visiting/living in a new country, whether it be food or anything, it will never be like it was back where you left, just take it as a interpretation (spell??)

stevo

My suggestion to anyone visiting/living in a new country, whether it be food or anything, it will never be like it was back where you left, just take it as a interpretation (spell??)

stevo

Good suggestion, I understand having familiar things can help people feel more 'at home' but as the saying goes 'when in Rome.....'

stevo

why have indian, chinese, italian, greek take away if you cant have british or do you just discriminate against them?

why have indian, chinese, italian, greek take away if you cant have british or do you just discriminate against them?

I think that is a really great point. I don't think there is much that makes british cuisine only british. And Australian food is influenced by so many different countries it's not funny. But yes, lets let the Italians, Greeks, Asians, all have their own special restaurants and make fun of anyone who fancies a taste of the UK. Great plan. ???????

Guest Guest75
I think that is a really great point. I don't think there is much that makes british cuisine only british. And Australian food is influenced by so many different countries it's not funny. But yes, lets let the Italians, Greeks, Asians, all have their own special restaurants and make fun of anyone who fancies a taste of the UK. Great plan. ???????

Then some post about the great curry house on Goodwood Road - which serves about the most "Bastardised" version of a curry going - all to please a Pommie palate - the milder ones may as well be "chicken Tonight " sauces!!!

I love a bit of Gammon myself - just a comfort feeling - no whinging.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest75
Can' t wait for next month!Back to Blighty ,and a taste of Walls skinless Sausages:notworthy::biggrin:.

I'll be back over in a few months..................overdosing on Fish and chips cooked in beef dripping, pork pies and small real ale pubs :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Mark&Yvonne

I personaly think if you're brave enough to up sticks and move to another country you need to be able to change some things & adapt to the country you are moving to.

England isnt English anymore so we are willing to go to Australia & be Australian & just hope it stays that way.

I appreciate that there will be some things missed but come on, we are jelous of the aussie life & want to bring our own families up that way, so lets stop trying to make Aus Britain with sun & just crack on with living life the way we dreamt it.

Keep it all Australian, thats what attracted us all in the first place

Cant wait for the ashes

Guest Guest75
I personaly think if you're brave enough to up sticks and move to another country you need to be able to change some things & adapt to the country you are moving to.

England isnt English anymore so we are willing to go to Australia & be Australian & just hope it stays that way.

I appreciate that there will be some things missed but come on, we are jelous of the aussie life & want to bring our own families up that way, so lets stop trying to make Aus Britain with sun & just crack on with living life the way we dreamt it.

Keep it all Australian, thats what attracted us all in the first place

Cant wait for the ashes

I don't think anyone is really trying to convert Oz into "Little Britain", they seriously don't last long if they try!!

The Aussies will see to that.

A bit of "Comfort food / stuff from the old country" is a natural thing to desire.

The Aussies pine for their style of beer / Tim Tams and Vegemite when away from their home country.:wink:

I've been here 13 years, most friends are Aussie or at least "get it".:biggrin:

England isnt English anymore so we are willing to go to Australia & be Australian & just hope it stays that way...

...Keep it all Australian, thats what attracted us all in the first place

I'm not quite sure what you're hoping for but Australia is a place of diversity and if you take this away there's actually very little left that's 'Australian'. If you wore a blindfold and walked up a main CBD shopping street in Sydney, Melbourne or even little old Adelaide with the task of grabbing hold of the first person you found, when you did get one in your clutches there's a strong chance the (no doubt rather startled) person wouldn't have originated here. Still with the blindfold on, if you wandered into the first place that sells food, there's a very good chance it would be Chinese, Italian, Greek, Vietnamese etc. Therefore, I don't think that wanting to find a decent Sunday roast means that someone is trying to turn the place into Britain!

Jim

Well I am a born and bred Aussie to Greek immigrant parents.....and I like to eat Greek food sometimes. I like a lot of other foods too - that's the beauty of living in Oz is that you get to sample what you like. The only true Oz food is witchity grubs and for those who like to eat our Aussie native animals....with the exception of chocolate Bilbies I personally wouldn't go there.

All I would say is cook food in the style you want, greek, british, italian, aussie - but use local produce for the most part - that's my take on being in Australia, you move here, support the local economy as much as you can. I think the fruit, vegetables and meat tastes better overall anyway.

Edited by zebedee

I'll be back over in a few months..................overdosing on Fish and chips cooked in beef dripping, pork pies and small real ale pubs :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::jiggy::jiggy:

We went back to the UK 3 years ago and for the entire time we were there, there was something really important I forgot to eat!!!! Query how important that really was. It was probably pork pie. Can get it here in foodland but I found that the meat is great, but the pastry not. the jelly is yum though. :)