Can it get ANY worse?????

star123

hi all,

I put a post on here a while back about our first very up and down year... we were just managing to keep

our heads above water....now o/h been made redundant AGAIN!!!

Life sure knows how to knock you down...

But hey, positive thinkin and keep smiling I say... No one ever said it was gonna easy!!

It sure is a roller coaster here... :-) :-)

I am sure that you saw this already - but here it is anyway...

http://jobs.drakeintl.com/manufacturingoperations-jobs/machine-operators-machinist-cnc-operator-oil-and-gas-industry-afternoon-shift-only/2386334?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

I found it while browsing through the ads and thought of this thread...

Good luck.

Geoff.

Hi all,

we arrived 3 weeks ago from uk. Hubby has phoned probably well over 100 companies and they are all saying the same, no work, laying off or closing down!

Agencies we phoned whilst in uk were optimistic and said u will find work no problem, on arriving and looking there is very little.

If anyone can perhaps give us some advice or know of any work, we would be grateful of any advice at the moment.

Hubby has a very keen interest in motorbikes and used to buy and rebuild in uk as a hobby, if anyone knows of anywhere that may take him on in this industry even this he doesn't have quals but does have plenty years experience. Willing o do anything at the moment to pay bills etc.

thanks

natasha & les

Hi all,

we arrived 3 weeks ago from uk. Hubby has phoned probably well over 100 companies and they are all saying the same, no work, laying off or closing down!

Agencies we phoned whilst in uk were optimistic and said u will find work no problem, on arriving and looking there is very little.

If anyone can perhaps give us some advice or know of any work, we would be grateful of any advice at the moment.

Hubby has a very keen interest in motorbikes and used to buy and rebuild in uk as a hobby, if anyone knows of anywhere that may take him on in this industry even this he doesn't have quals but does have plenty years experience. Willing o do anything at the moment to pay bills etc.

thanks

natasha & les

His best bet is probably to go to a few motorbike shops, get chatting to the people in there, and ask them to let him know if they hear of anything. Unfortunately because of layoffs and shutdowns etc there are very few jobs in that sort of line and loads of people chasing them. Also have a look at something like Volunteering SA (google it and you'll find their website) - this is a good way to build up some contacts and keep yourself busy, as well as maybe getting an Aussie reference down the line.

we arrived 3 weeks ago from uk.

Hi Natasha

I know 3 weeks can seem a long time when you are looking for work, but as a new arrival, it can take time to secure work. Some people are lucky and walk straight into jobs and others it can take a bit of time, it is just how it is and can be a case of being in the right place at the right time with the right skills. Also employers in Adelaide can be slow at getting back to people.

Apart from hubbies interest in motorbikes what is his area of work? Has he contacted the recruitment agencies you spoke to in the UK and registered with them. I would register with as many as he can and make it clear to them he is prepared to cover for odd days as well, often you can go somewhere for a day or two and it gets extended and you never know where it might lead.

I agree with Jessica when We first came over I registerd with an agency got a call to go to a factory for a days work, At the end of that day guy told me come back tomorrow that went on for a few days and then it was down to him telling me every friday come back Monday until they asked me to start full time with them. I lasted six months there till we got on our feet and got a better job. That was quite a few years ago and there was more work about then.

Guest Guest5035
Hi all,

thanks

natasha & les

Peter Stevens Motorcycles

http://www.peterstevens.com.au/careers.php

stevo