Brrr!! Winter's here!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Brrrr!!!!.

I am really a local now!!

Finding the weather over the last few days rather chilly.

Nice to see some rain though, we needed it.

Now can we have the sunshine back please??

a) for warmth.

b) For our new solar system , still finding it a novelty.

And before anyone in the UK says 17c is warm - it's a very different feel to it here. Hard to explain but once you are here you will know.

17c is the top, currently 12c!

Here is a local weather site I use..............

http://www.willyweather.com.au/sa/adelaide/hallett-cove.html

I find it's not so much that 17C feels colder here but that it also feels much colder inside so it's difficult to ever really get warm. At the moment it feels warmer on my patio in the sunshine (which has just come out) than it does in my living room.

My kids are refusing to accept that it's getting colder and have gone off to school in shorts and short sleeved T-shirts. And the youngest refused to wear a fleece or waterproof coat even though it was raining.

Got to say even though I personally feel the cold, I am glad the temps have dropped a bit from last week - at my kid's school they have to wear winter uniform this term and I was really feeling for them in thick wool blazers in 30 degrees last week! Plus isn't it awesome to listen to the rain on a plastic roof (like we have on our patio)? Love going to sleep, wrapped in a warm duvet, to the sound of rain...

I'm also feeling the cold. Currently bundled up in a long sleeve tee shirt and jumper and got my big fluffy slippers on. Todays task is to change the summer doona's over to the winter ones. Having said all of that, we're off to the UK shortly for a holiday and the temperatures are still warmer here than there!

I love the rain....well for the time being anyway. Love hearing the sound of it on the tin (colourbond) roof at night. Quite relaxing to sleep by - knowing you are warm and comfortable inside. Also love having the gas heating on and reading a book while watching the clouds. Kitty sitting on my lap, getting upset when I move....poor thing......what they have to put up with :wink:

On the weather last night they mentioned that it was the coldest day since last October, although it's still nothing like an English winter, it did remind me we have many many more cool days to go before the warmth is back.

I do still find though after 8 years here I never quite get the winter level of clothing right, wore a jumper and coat the other night to walk the dogs as it felt really cool, only to find it was way to many layers and I was sweltering. Even now I'm only wearing a polo shirt but still managing to complain about the cold, how absurd is that ?

Guest Guest75
On the weather last night they mentioned that it was the coldest day since last October, although it's still nothing like an English winter, it did remind me we have many many more cool days to go before the warmth is back.

I do still find though after 8 years here I never quite get the winter level of clothing right, wore a jumper and coat the other night to walk the dogs as it felt really cool, only to find it was way to many layers and I was sweltering. Even now I'm only wearing a polo shirt but still managing to complain about the cold, how absurd is that ?

Me too.

I took the Bedlington Boys out for a stroll last night - several layers and a wax jacket! Plus thinking I must buy some gloves!!!:swoon::swoon:

​This "ard" Yorkshire bloke felt a little soft last night!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Very mixed today, sunshine and lovey now .

Solar system racking up credits:smile::smile:

Guest Claire-n-tel

Yep its bloody cold!

My Ma is here from the uk at the mo i guess we are a weird looking bunch, her in a t'shirt and me and Tel in fleaces and jackets! :biglaugh:

Bloody hell!! You lot need to listen to yourselves ..... Whinge, whinge, whinge!! If its not the weather it's about the recession. You can tell your all POMS!!.........lol

By the way this is tongue in cheek and not meant to offend ;-)

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Brrrr!!!!.

I am really a local now!!

Finding the weather over the last few days rather chilly.

Nice to see some rain though, we needed it.

Now can we have the sunshine back please??

a) for warmth.

b) For our new solar system , still finding it a novelty.

And before anyone in the UK says 17c is warm - it's a very different feel to it here. Hard to explain but once you are here you will know.

17c is the top, currently 12c!

Here is a local weather site I use..............

http://www.willyweather.com.au/sa/adelaide/hallett-cove.html

:rolleyes: Man up and don't be so bloomin' nesh! :tongue:

:biglaugh:

I find it's not so much that 17C feels colder here but that it also feels much colder inside so it's difficult to ever really get warm. At the moment it feels warmer on my patio in the sunshine (which has just come out) than it does in my living room.

My kids are refusing to accept that it's getting colder and have gone off to school in shorts and short sleeved T-shirts. And the youngest refused to wear a fleece or waterproof coat even though it was raining.

I know having a house with central heating has made me a bit spoilt here in the UK. Our last 3 houses, none of them had central heating and we relied on wood burners and Rayburns and plug ins. However, I kind of dread an Aus winter as I know the houses are no where near as good at keeping the heat in and they can therefore be much harder to heat and maintain warmth in. Hubby remembers Aus winters well and thankfully its saving grace in his book is that they go on for a far shorter time than UK ones.

I'm for sure shipping our duck down duvets! :cute:

Guest sedgecl

The rain fascinates me...lol..I can sit and watch for hours..hehe...At least the Agent can't tell me off for not watering the garden....

So for us coming over from uk next thurs will we feel cold? Bear in mind it's cold and non stop rain here! I really want to feel a bit of warmth!!

It probably won't feel cold but it has been raining since Sunday so it might be wet. I think part of it is that, like Diane said, last week it was pushing 30 this week it's dropped more than 10 degrees. Temperatures do seem to jump or drop suddenly rather than increase or decrease in gentle increments.

I keep wondering to myself "since when did 17 become chilly?" and we've only been here 10 months - although I haven't got my jumper on yet the tiled floors are cold on my bare feet.

Guest smit
So for us coming over from uk next thurs will we feel cold? Bear in mind it's cold and non stop rain here! I really want to feel a bit of warmth!!
If the sun comes out you will feel hot, apart from that, you will be the only ones wearing shorts!!!