Make The Most of Windows Media Center

orrelljet

If anyone out there has a Windows Media Center PC and would like some tips on how to make the most of it (whether used with an xbox 360 or not), let me know.

I've been using Media Center for a few years now and can help anyone who needs some pointers on getting it working right, either as a fully-fledged digital video recording and playback system or simply to watch photos on their big screen TV.

Operating systems involved:

Windows XP Media Center 2005

Windows Vista Home Premium

Windows Vista Ultimate

All the above have Media Center built in and support High Definition recording and playback, when coupled with an Xbox 360.

I currently use a Vista Ultimate PC, configured with 2 x digital TV cards which serves all my TV recording/playback requirements, as well as housing an online DVD library - all accessible from a games console, acting as a Media Center Extender.

I can also offer pre or post-purchase advice on the installation and setup of surround equipment and accessories, whether linked to a Media Center or not.

All advice currently free of charge but, if interest increases, I'd like to get out of the rat race and do something I really enjoy, for a change.

Justin.

p.s. I have a Windows support background (Desktop and Server) and am currently Microsoft certified on XP and Server 2003. I'm also a technology junkie :cute:

;)I recon we could do a deal with some speakers as bait....!!!!!, at last mate on there way , all packed up nice and safely. Cheers Graham

Congratulations guys! I'll see what I can do about the weather - not looking good at the moment though. 20 degrees? FREEZING!

Cheers.

J.

• 2 weeks later...