Confession..................

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

That got you looking......

But I do have to confess.............

An overindulgence of "proper" fish and chips fried in beef dripping.:tongue:

Several pork pies later I can confirm you cannot beat the real thing made in the UK.:wink:

Hmm......... Beer.............. visited several hostelries to sample............ yep,still as good and more choice too :biggrin:

Looks like I will have to hit the gym or I'm pregnant!!:biglaugh:

Guest kate11

lol, sounds like you enjoyed it!

Im still in the uk, a few (very long few years away from coming over :( , doing my nursing first) but when I came over to Oz (perth) me and my husband were very puzzled by the version of fish and chips in a restaurant. battered fish covered in maple syrup?! Really? ewwwwww, not proper fish and chips!

Guest Guest75
lol, sounds like you enjoyed it!

Im still in the uk, a few (very long few years away from coming over :( , doing my nursing first) but when I came over to Oz (perth) me and my husband were very puzzled by the version of fish and chips in a restaurant. battered fish covered in maple syrup?! Really? ewwwwww, not proper fish and chips!

Not heard of that style of batter here at all!! Yek!!!!!

The Cooper's Beer batter is nice though!

where can you get a good pie floater? never had one so need to try the best for 1st impressions. Had plenty of pork pies with mushy peas and vinigar/mint sauce back in UK, but no decent pork pies in Aus yet, the best so far is from Foodland Deli in Oconnell street.

The butcher as Southgate plaza does a proper pork pie I think. He's English so the sausages and gammon are pretty spectacular as well!

Guest Guest75

The pans had a test fry the other day.

Funny coincidence as on that day we were driving by the factory where the frying range was made here on on UK visit!

Guest Guest75
OMG!

I feel so short-changed! This thread promised intrigue, excitement, blackmail material even....and what did we get? Bl@@dy fish and chips!

Yours sadly,

LC :sad:

Nah, I've been blackmailed enough about the pink budgie smugglers!!!:swoon::swoon::tongue:

Southgate Plaza it at Reynella, its the butchers outside and not the meat counter in Coles. he has a sign in the windoow about gammons etc.

I tried a pork pie yesterday and some sausages for breakfast this morning both reasonable but not worth a special trip for. They did have some english cheeses to $7.99 a pack I will be getting some of the Wensleydale to have with my christmas cake, maybe christmas in July as is a good excuse/reason!

keith

• 2 weeks later...
Southgate Plaza it at Reynella, its the butchers outside and not the meat counter in Coles. he has a sign in the windoow about gammons etc.

I tried a pork pie yesterday and some sausages for breakfast this morning both reasonable but not worth a special trip for. They did have some english cheeses to $7.99 a pack I will be getting some of the Wensleydale to have with my christmas cake, maybe christmas in July as is a good excuse/reason!

keith

Why didn't I come to this forum earlier? Gammon? Ohhhh my! I am going to have to have a run down that way for gammon and fish and chips now. :-)

Several pork pies later I can confirm you cannot beat the real thing made in the UK.:wink:

Hmm......... Beer.............. visited several hostelries to sample............ yep,still as good and more choice too :biggrin:

Damn Tyke, I thought it was going to be some juicy gossip, your slacking at the moment. All you lot seem to talk about is fish and chips.

Glad you had a great time back home.

I smell the faint whiff of the birth of the BBC in Adelaide. I look forward to seeing the SA version of "Shut thi Gob":biglaugh: