Tigerland, totally grr! baby!

Lazy Cow

Guest Guest75
Okay, the Crows game sucked big time but I have to say I love, love, love the Richmond team song!

Anyone else have dirty little secrets they'd like to share??

:embarressed::wink: LC

* Possibly not Tyke though...

** Or Clare of Clare-n-Tel (although Tel should defo share :biggrin:!)

Stop picking on me and why are you speaking in Swahili?? Must be as I don't understand some of your post - or do I need more / less medication??

Clare and Tel are demanding "Visiting rights" to the "children" now:biglaugh:

Guest Claire-n-tel

Nope....not telling now, i'm keeping it all to my self! Such a shame you've shot ya self in the foot now!:biglaugh:

Tyke, be nice......besides any judge would grant it if you pushed it!:wink:

Guest Guest75
Nope....not telling now, i'm keeping it all to my self! Such a shame you've shot ya self in the foot now!:biglaugh:

Tyke, be nice......besides any judge would grant it if you pushed it!:wink:

He,he. Still laughing at the coincidence during your text the other day.

Keep warm.

Don't let that Cow Lady mess with your head ,mine hursts after close contact:goofy::goofy:

Stop picking on me and why are you speaking in Swahili?? Must be as I don't understand some of your post - or do I need more / less medication??

Clare and Tel are demanding "Visiting rights" to the "children" now:biglaugh:

But I love picking on you!

It was basically an excuse for a thread but I will explain just for you :wubclub:

Well, t' Adelaide Crows played Richmon' today. as Richmon' won, t' scoundrels, thee getten ta sin thea club song, "tigerland" or whateva it's called. annoyin though t' song is, ah chuffin' li' it. it's uz guilty secret.

(translation courtesy of 'www.whoohoo.co.uk)

Better?

:biglaugh: LC

And be careful of that Clare and Tel! Way I've heard it, they have adopted 'children' all over the place!

Guest Guest75
But I love picking on you!

It was basically an excuse for a thread but I will explain just for you :wubclub:

Well, t' Adelaide Crows played Richmon' today. as Richmon' won, t' scoundrels, thee getten ta sin thea club song, "tigerland" or whateva it's called. annoyin though t' song is, ah chuffin' li' it. it's uz guilty secret.

(translation courtesy of 'www.whoohoo.co.uk)

Better?

:biglaugh: LC

And be careful of that Clare and Tel! Way I've heard it, they have adopted 'children' all over the place!

Yep,clear as mud...............:goofy::goofy::wacko::wacko:

Yep,clear as mud...............

B-but I thought you came from Yorkshire?

I found an English to Yorkshire translator specially.

:frown::frown: Yours mournfully,

LC

PS I can translate the above too, if you like???

PPS. I do NOT 'Like' your post btw :(

Edited by Lazy Cow
To 'Strongly Not Like'

Yorkshire speak is a dialect and the written word is that of the interpretation by others less fortunate than yorkshire tykes in trying to understand these great and unique folk!

I have tried (but may have being unsuccesful) attaching something which shows some further missunderstandings between the great and the meek.

FW Yorkshire Humer.txt

Guest Claire-n-tel

Bah ha ha ha:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

From Keiths link, i had to share!

A Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.

Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee

about me cat."

Vet: "Is it a tom?"

Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it with us."

Guest Guest75
Thanks for sharing cos I still haven't been able to access the link.

Of course I had to translate the above joke but it was fair funny!

:biglaugh:

LC

Sigh, here ya go. :wacko:

I have copied and pasted it for you blonde lady................

A Yorkshireman's wife dies and he decides that her

headstone should have the words "She were thine"

engraved on it.

He calls the stone mason, who assures him that the

headstone will be ready a few days after the funeral.

True to his word the stone mason calls the widower

to say that the headstone is ready and would he like

to come and have a look.

When the widower gets there he takes one look at

the stone to see that it's been engraved "She were

thin".

He explodes: "'ells bells man, you've left the bloody

"e" out, you've left the bloody "e" out!"

The stone mason apologises profusely and assures

the poor widower that it will be rectified the

following morning.

Next day comes and the widower returns to the stone

mason: "There you go sir, I've put the "e" on the

stone for you".

The widower looks at the stone and then reads out

aloud:

"E, she were thin".

..................................................................................

Bloke from Barnsley with piles asks chemist "Nah

then lad, does tha sell arse cream?"

Chemist replies "Aye, Magnum or Cornetto?"

...................................................................................

Police have just released details of a new drug craze

that is being carried out in Yorkshire nightclubs.

Apparently, Yorkshire club goers have started

injecting Ecstasy just above their front teeth.

Police say the dangerous practice is called "e by

gum"

.....................................................................................

A Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.

Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee

about me cat."

Vet: "Is it a tom?"

Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it with us."

.....................................................................................

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite

pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a

jeweller to remember the dog by.

Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon

dog?"

Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"

Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft

Come on you 3. What's this forum become, your not so private chat room. Boring.

Grumpybum!

It's up to all of us to contribute to this forum, then basic courtesy to reply if people take the time to post on 'your' thread. So, I get your point but for the most part we are simply replying to one another.

I started a couple of threads in the hope we might get some interaction going that wasn't purely based on information-gathering. I hoped it might add a little to our understanding of what we are like as people. In turn, I hoped that when more controversal threads come up we might, possibly, react a little less forcefully to the comment because we would have 'met' the poster in more relaxed threads.

Maybe I just think too much!

:wubclub: LC

Guest Guest75

Seconding Lazy Cow on this................. what's up Doug???

You don't have to read a thread or posts ya know!!!

Yep,there are a few of us that have a bit of banter here but nothing wrong with that!! Join in and you might enjoy it.

This forum certainly needs some lightheartedness at times,

Seconding Lazy Cow on this................. what's up Doug???

You don't have to read a thread or posts ya know!!!

Yep,there are a few of us that have a bit of banter here but nothing wrong with that!! Join in and you might enjoy it.

This forum certainly needs some lightheartedness at times,

Well said that (Yorkshire) Man :-)

There there DougM, I can tell you were a tad jelous and felt a little left out of an inner circle group, but alas almost 2 years in Beverley does not give you any rights to inclusion or citizenship, but what you have to say does, and will always be welcome, maybe not liked, but definately welcome.

I have to say though, and to your credit you have made me change my mind, as I once thought only one good thing came out of Beverley but now its at least two!

Also a Yorkshire man will rip his heart out for family and friends, I believe we are not family so lets all be friends!!

Cheers to all, Keith

I did join in, and now I'm being attacked. Ah well, what can you expect from Yorkshire people :smile:

I'm truly sorry if you felt you were being attacked, DougM :frown:. I think the word 'boring' without an emoticon was what made me think you were being serious - plus, there is an element of truth to what you said.

But please, do not lump me in with those strange, heart-ripping (:shocked:) Yorkshire-types as we are originally from the beautiful side of Kent, England!

LC

Well Tyke, Looks like the battlefield is set and allegiance,s aligned. But be aware of Lazy Cow! must be very brave individual indeed to openly admit she is from Kent!

By the way the Beautiful side of Kent is that small bit where you drop off the edge! and possibly all its other borders when looking out!

Eat your heart out Lazy Cow, and no moticons from me, ever! (a straight talking Yorkshirman)

I'm truly sorry if you felt you were being attacked, DougM :frown:. I think the word 'boring' without an emoticon was what made me think you were being serious - plus, there is an element of truth to what you said.

But please, do not lump me in with those strange, heart-ripping (:shocked:) Yorkshire-types as we are originally from the beautiful side of Kent, England!

LC

Guest Guest75
Well Tyke, Looks like the battlefield is set and allegiance,s aligned. But be aware of Lazy Cow! must be very brave individual indeed to openly admit she is from Kent!

By the way the Beautiful side of Kent is that small bit where you drop off the edge! and possibly all its other borders when looking out!

Eat your heart out Lazy Cow, and no moticons from me, ever! (a straight talking Yorkshirman)

Surely the only good thing to come out of any county is the Road To Yorkshire!!!!