Come on you Lions (and England Cricket in the ICC!)

Diane

Good to have such an evenly matched game - really felt for the poor Wallabies kicker at the end though. Was a weird feeling to watch the game to be honest - really wanted to support the Lions, but having such a heavy weighting in the team towards the welsh and less representation from the Scots and English made it a bit of a half-hearted supporting effort from me! Still a win is a win, and I hope the injured wallabies are back playing next week (and do a bit of kicking practice!!)

I think Israel Folau might have found the right sport (for him) at last.

I like the fact that he thought the atmosphere was so much better at the match last night than he's ever experienced in League or AFL. Seems a nice guy, and the Lions certainly found him hard to handle.

Diane, of course it's the best atmosphere, when he gets bored of union, he will play football and can see what that's like too.

He is a masiive LFC fan, and loves the game, there is time for him to try a fourth sport!

I think here in Australia, even the roundball game that is so big elsewhere in the world would struggle to match the atmosphere from last night. Interesting though, I notice he is originally from Tonga: when we've been in the South Pacific islands we've noticed that in Fiji the main sport is rugby, whereas in Vanuatu, football was the ball game of choice. Wonder what it is in Tonga?

You do realise that the lions are a scratch side thrown together 4 weeks ago and have never played together??

Yep, sure do! But I just find it very strange how everyone gets excited when the '4 nations' beat a club side and then go on to beat a the national side. They may have only had 4 weeks to work together but they play either with or against each other on a weekly basis during the season, so, they will already have an understanding of each others play.

I didn't see the game, one of my friends on FB went and posted it was great but thought the Lions crowd would have sung more, he is English. That's not having a dig, just a comment I read.

Adelaide crowds are reserved, the West Sydney Wanderers are leaders IMO of all 'atmosphere makers' in Australia.

Yep, sure do! But I just find it very strange how everyone gets excited when the '4 nations' beat a club side and then go on to beat a the national side. They may have only had 4 weeks to work together but they play either with or against each other on a weekly basis during the season, so, they will already have an understanding of each others play.

No they do not.

Well I was thrilled with a Lions win. Maybe didn't deserve it, but luck rides with you sometimes. I'm off to Melbourne for this weekend and I hope we can do it again. My wife will have her wallabies jersey and will try to get a pith hat. I'll have my lions shirt, over about 15 layers of clothing to keep warm.

Interesting to see Wallabys and all blacks coming together, and maybe even chuck in a few islanders....

Only saw the end of the game, as were at Mylor fireworks...unlucky Beale slipping when he did, Aussie did well with 3 players taken off having to shuffle players around, lets see what Saturday brings....

HG