Can someone please explain footie tipping to me?

Diane

In the last nine years, I've avoided taking part in any footie tipping competitions because I just don't understand how they work. Do you need to know how good all the teams are? Apart from the Adelaide teams, Fremantle and Sydney, all the other names just seem to blur into one in my mind, so can someone please explain in very simple terms just how footie tipping works?

lol good question. Hubby still does the footy tipping with his family in Aus even after all his years here in the UK.

He explains it every year, every year I sit and smile, nod and go 'Oh like that!' and then forget it all :cute:

I don't think he really follows which teams are doing well or how much they won their last game by or anything. He saves that for the Crows (and Port so he can gloat to his Dad and brother from time to time).

I'd tick a heap of boxes and hope for the best if I do it once we are over :tongue: Bit like the pools and stuff, never know how it might go.

Guest Guest12727

I thought all you had to do was pick who you think will win each of the games that are being played each week. You can look on the table to see who is higher up or just guess. When I was in footy tipping at work the people who guessed seemed to do as well as those that thought they knew all the players injuries etc and worked out who would win. In fact, I vaguely remember coming 2nd or 3rd one year. Think I then retired.

Guest Guest12727
Pretty well put whoever the crows are playing to win and you have a good start.

then put Hawthorne, the swans and the cats and the bombers to win.

on alternate weeks put the power to win.

put the suns and the giants to lose.

guess the rest.

thats all you need to do.

Have you ever won?

Go on the footy tipping website. You can create your own league and define your own options such as joker rounds - more fun. The match that is played first you have to select a winning margin.

I decided to do it a couple of years ago and it helped me understand the competition a little better. I've a family and friends one but am doing rather badly.

just a bit of fun, though my youngest boy loves it and posts on the wall and looks at future games etc.

Cooler

In short ...No.... Can someone explain footy in general to me :biglaugh:

Oooh oooh, I can do that! Lots of muscly young men run around in tight short shorts (but not as short as they used to be apparently) and chest-enhancing tops, accessorized by lots of strategically placed bandages, and there's lots of homo-erotic cuddles and strange "one potato, two potato, three potato, four" passing of the ball! Have I got it right?