Politics

Diane

I have shamelessly poached this from the Poms in Oz site, but have a go at it and see where you stand politically

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Apparently I'm a cross between the Dali Lama and Nelson Mandela!!! And there was me thinking I was more along the lines of Margaret Thatcher...but apparently I couldn't be more wrong!

It's a really interesting test - in fact I've sent the link to my 18 year old daughter who will be voting for the first time in the next election, as it makes you think about your stance on a lot of issues. I found the hardest thing was not having a "neutral" option - you have to either agree, disagree, agree strongly or disagree strongly with a series of statements - no fence-sitting allowed!

Crumbs, quite interesting for sure - you are right, provoked some interesting thoughts in myself. I come out not far from you, economic left/right -5, social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74. Stewart Alexander \ Ghandi basically - surprised myself.

Good link, thanks :)

I think a lot of us are going to be neoghandi- ites due to the democratic society we live in, where hopefully we have absorbed tolerance. I agree there was an American slant ...was waiting for the right to bear arms question to pop up in the form of civil liberty etc, in fact the use of those two words are a dead gve away cos , Aussies don't rant about their civil liberties and nor do UK-ites.

Edited by Rachiegarlo