• Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Like Tree88Likes

Thread: What food/drink do you miss from home?

Title
      Liked
      1650 times
      Rep
      Hi Keith!

Someone said on here once that you can sometimes get it in foodland, i've never seen it there though :(

You can make your own, i've tried it and it really does work!

Pour the cream into a heavy-bottomed oven-safe pot. The cream should come up the side of the pot somewhere between one and three inches.

Cover the pot and put it in the oven on 80c

Leave the covered pot in the oven for at least 8 hours. You'll know it's done because there will be a thick yellowish skin above the cream, That skin is the clotted cream.

Let the pot cool at room temperature, then put it in the refrigerator for another 8 hours.

Remove the clotted cream from the top of the pot. The cream that is underneath it can still be used for baking.

Oh and scones (always rhymes with stones) plain ones with jam on first, and i like seedless raspberry jam!

Claire
      Keith & Linda and coastie like this.

Title
      Liked
      788 times
      Rep
      Hmmm.....coming from Dem it's got to be scon for sure, butter, jam then cream, if the cafe is too mean to give butter too then it's cream first then jam
      Keith & Linda likes this.

Title
      Liked
      42 times
      Rep
      Guys and gals,

As for the steak and kidney puddings ...... I can do the just like Hollands .....even better ...... Place your orders . As for the donner meat boys I can make it just like back home. I used to be a chef turned eho.

Title
      from Leeds now in Brisbane, worked in Adelaide - loved it, now back in Brisbane
      Liked
      916 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Claire-n-tel View Post
      Hi Keith!

Someone said on here once that you can sometimes get it in foodland, i've never seen it there though :(

You can make your own, i've tried it and it really does work!

Pour the cream into a heavy-bottomed oven-safe pot. The cream should come up the side of the pot somewhere between one and three inches.

Cover the pot and put it in the oven on 80c

Leave the covered pot in the oven for at least 8 hours. You'll know it's done because there will be a thick yellowish skin above the cream, That skin is the clotted cream.

Let the pot cool at room temperature, then put it in the refrigerator for another 8 hours.

Remove the clotted cream from the top of the pot. The cream that is underneath it can still be used for baking.

Oh and scones (always rhymes with stones) plain ones with jam on first, and i like seedless raspberry jam!

Claire
      Thanks for that claire, will get linda to give it a go in the summerbut raspberry jam!! it must be chunky strawberry for a real cream tea

Title
      from Leeds now in Brisbane, worked in Adelaide - loved it, now back in Brisbane
      Liked
      916 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by flossybeth View Post
      Hmmm.....coming from Dem it's got to be scon for sure, butter, jam then cream, if the cafe is too mean to give butter too then it's cream first then jam
      flossybeth, flossybeth, flossybeth there is no way in this world you have butter with a real cream teawhere do you come? and where have you been? to be so off course!! it's scone, clotted cream & strawberry jam and tea.

•  
    Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789