It's Easy To Be Mean To Telesales...

Lazy Cow

But not right.

My OH has just taken a call from a guy who informed him that he could help with the computer Windows problem we apparently have.

OH told him a couple of times that we do not own a computer and finished by asking, quite politely (for him anyway lol), why the guy didn't get a decent job and stop bothering people.

Unusually the gentleman replied that actually he would love a proper job, asked if OH could help him so he didn't have to make these calls, then admitted he was calling from India and his name isn't Ron.

I guess sometimes people take jobs they're not proud of simply in an attempt to make money for their families?

I know some of the callers are dodgy and I'm not supporting those people but anyway, I'm going to be less terse with them in future.

And for those being bothered every tea time by these nuisance calls, register on http://www.donotcall.gov.au as that should help.

LC

There is a scam going around where people call up and say there is a problem with your PC so don't feel to sorry for him.

I do understand where you are coming from with people who have to do cold calling for a living they don't deserve some of the abuse they get.

But not right.

My OH has just taken a call from a guy who informed him that he could help with the computer Windows problem we apparently have.

OH told him a couple of times that we do not own a computer and finished by asking, quite politely (for him anyway lol), why the guy didn't get a decent job and stop bothering people.

Unusually the gentleman replied that actually he would love a proper job, asked if OH could help him so he didn't have to make these calls, then admitted he was calling from India and his name isn't Ron.

I guess sometimes people take jobs they're not proud of simply in an attempt to make money for their families?

I know some of the callers are dodgy and I'm not supporting those people but anyway, I'm going to be less terse with them in future.

And for those being bothered every tea time by these nuisance calls, register on www.donotcall.gov.au as that should help.

LC

Sadly some of those jobs are attempting to talk you into downloading so called "fixes" which are in fact botnet \ virus \ trojan horse software on to your PC which can steal your bank details or turn your PC into a slave machine for spammers and hackers. You may end up even paying for these "fixes". Not saying that you particular call was heading in that direction but that's the impression I am getting. This is not telesales - this is criminal activity. Hanging up is the best thing you can do and NEVER go to any webpage and click on a provided link.

I have had a few of these computer problem calls, whilst my wife is quite polite in saying no to them, I on the otherhand am not too nice, as far as I am concerned they are willingly part of the low life criminal scum, and whilst they do not catch me out they can and do (otherwise they would not bother) catch the more vulnerable and innocent of folk, could be your mother or child. and I can not take pity on them because they are having to do it to feed their family, how do we even know if that is true?

I have on several occasions strung them along a little, acting all innocent like I listen and chat with them I then sit infront of my pretend computer and follow thier instructions and when they cannot get any further and ask me to read whats on the screen I make up words on my pretend computer which usually indicates what they should do to themselves, usually involves sex & travel and I tell them that whilst they have wasted their own time and mine at least they have had less time to sting someone else. They have on occassions also told me what to do, ooh dirty talk!! I love it!

I also have a very shortened version of my response, which use is mood dependant!!

Guest BurgessFamily

And don't help his brother from Nigeria who needs to transfer a large sum of money, but doesn't have a valid bank account to do it.

Guest Guest75

I am still shocked your better half was nice to the said caller!!!!

Knowing him to be as scary as I do---------------- my manbits are still unsquishing from the time his 2 ton Landcruiser took it upon itself to nuzzle me up against a tree!

I am still shocked your better half was nice to the said caller!!!!

Knowing him to be as scary as I do---------------- my manbits are still unsquishing from the time his 2 ton Landcruiser took it upon itself to nuzzle me up against a tree!

I don't think he set out to be nice to the guy! He started out with his characteristic glee that he was going to play along and wind the guy up (like, seriously, who can be bothered?) but something went weird and he ended up being pleasant...

As for your 'manbits' .... Ewwwww! I'm off to wash the 'Cruiser!

:wubclub: LC