Road Works

AussieRob

I'm not sure if this has been said before, or even in my short time in Australia, if I have rose tinted specs about how good Australia was, but is there now a emerging economy in road works.

As I say it may be rose tinted specs, but when I arrived 8 years ago now, most (if not all road works) were night works, I drove from Mawson Lakes to Lonsdale for 4 years and although I saw the Anzac Road underpass get built, I don't remember any other roadworks during the day.

I now only drive from Morphett Vale to Lonsdale and whilst I appreciate the southern expressway is being made into a 2 way road, a whole heap of more roadworks spring up, traffic light upgrades, roundabout upgrades, miscellaneous digging at the side of the road all the time.

It's nearly enough to make you :wacko:....

I'm not sure if this has been said before, or even in my short time in Australia, if I have rose tinted specs about how good Australia was, but is there now a emerging economy in road works.

As I say it may be rose tinted specs, but when I arrived 8 years ago now, most (if not all road works) were night works, I drove from Mawson Lakes to Lonsdale for 4 years and although I saw the Anzac Road underpass get built, I don't remember any other roadworks during the day.

I now only drive from Morphett Vale to Lonsdale and whilst I appreciate the southern expressway is being made into a 2 way road, a whole heap of more roadworks spring up, traffic light upgrades, roundabout upgrades, miscellaneous digging at the side of the road all the time.

It's nearly enough to make you :wacko:....

Keeps some of us in work aussierob, and in its own small way the economy ticking over, I am all for road improvements, so bring it on and keep some of us happy in being able to feed the family!!!

What does make me :wacko: is why the traffic lights are not sensor controlled enough!! sat there for a whole sequence to run with no traffic to come on green lights!! helps keep the fuel bill, emmissions and frustrations high I suppose, and I can understand (but not an excuse) as to why some people would be tempted to run the lights!!!

In the 6 years I have been here I have worked in the North, South and West and lived in the East and now live fairly close to the city, so covering all sides of the city and to me the traffic is definitely getting heavier, to me it is quite noticable. There also seems to be some holdup somewhere along the route, often for no apparent reason.

Where we live we are close to a bus, train and tram route. Again, often there is some drama on one of these. I know when I use public transport to attend interviews I always catch either 1 or 2 buses, train or tram (whichever I am using) before the actual one I should catch to make sure I am not late.