Top 5 Cheap Eats in Adelaide

Ktee

Source: http://www.weekendnotes.com/cheap-eats-adelaide/

It's always great to save some pennies here and there, so every now and then I visit some cheap eats around Adelaide to satisfy my dining out craving. You will be surprised how easy it is to get affordable good food, so I've put together a little list of mine to share with you.

1. Dumpling King

Dumpling King gives you a brilliant feed for an average of $9.80 per meal. A plate of 15 fried pork dumplings or perhaps a bowl of beef soup noodles, maybe even crispy skin chicken on rice. A large majority of their dishes come under $10. Located on two convenient locations at Moonta Street, Chinatown and King William Street CBD, this is a perfect lunch or dinner place. I love their juicy pork dumplings and Spicy Dan Dan Noodles.

dumpling-king-adelaide-cheap-eats-dandan-noodles.JPG

Dandan Noodles

2. Mamak Corner

Situated on Bank Street Mamak Corner is a Malaysian Indian Muslim style food that gets served in what Malaysians call "Mamak Stalls", traditionally a cheap and affordable eatery mostly open 24 hours a day. Mamak Corner's prices are well worth it for a very delicious and generous portion of Malaysian Curry Chicken or Beef with rice, Nasi Goreng or Fried Mamak Noodles for under $10.

curry-beef-mamak-corner-asian-food-malaysian-adela.jpg

Curry Beef and Rice

3. Fancy Burger

Fancy Burger is up on Main Road, Blackwood and is a great burger bar serving up high quality fresh ingredients. All their buns are baked fresh everyday and patties are 95% fat free using only high quality local produce. Sauces are made on site too. Beef, chicken, lamb and vege burgers start from $9.50. My personal favourite is Hot Chicky - chicken breast fillet, char grilled peppers, cheddar cheese, salad, relish and smoked chilli mayo at $10.90

fancy-burger-blackwood-adelaide-cheap-eats.jpg

Hot Chicky Burger

4. Ajisen Ramen

This is one of my favourite places in the city. Ajisen Ramen is situated on Leigh Street along with Rigatoni's and Casablabla but the price point is quite different. This place is always packed out but a very good feed. Their ramen noodle bowls cost $11 and I always walk out feeling full and satisfied. Beautiful pork broth with beautiful ramen noodles and your choice of topping such as Karaage chicken, Paiku (pork rib), BBQ Pork, Seafood, Vegetarian, Chargrilled Rare Beef and a lot more. My favourites are Paiku Ramen and Chasyu Ramen (Pork Slices).

ajisen-ramen-adelaide-cheap-eats.JPG

Paiku Ramen

5. Soonta

I usually get at least two Vietnamese rolls every time I get a chance, one for now one for later. Open on James Place, Waymouth Street and Rundle Place food court, they serve up fresh and healthy Bahn Mi (Vietnamese Rolls) with a choice of 5 Spice Roasted Pork Belly with amazing crunch, Lemon grass Chicken, BBQ Pork, Meat Ball, Teriyaki Chicken or Tempura Chicken. For $6.50 they really pack it full of meat, cucumber, pickled carrots and coriander. Delicious healthy lunch. For the carb conscious, salad bowls are available for about $7 with your choice of meat or tofu. It is a big bowl of salad with freshly sourced and cut vegetables daily.

soonta-roll-vietnamese-roll-adelaide-cheap-eats.JPG

Fried Chicken Bahn Mi

roast-pork-bahn-mi-vietnamese-roll-soonta-adelaide.jpg

Five Spice Crispy Roast Pork Bahn Mi

Guest Chris_J

Banana Leaf of a lunch time, Hong Fat by the market, Sugar Cane, $10 Schnitzel on a Tuesday at the Wakefield and Burp on Hindley Street is pretty good too. I also like a Yiros from City Cross too :)

• 3 weeks later...
Source:

It's always great to save some pennies here and there, so every now and then I visit some cheap eats around Adelaide to satisfy my dining out craving. You will be surprised how easy it is to get affordable good food, so I've put together a little list of mine to share with you.

QUOTE]

How about the sausage sizzles at Bunnings:biglaugh:come on Ktee surely this stuff is not dining out:confused:, more like spending pennies, on eating anything whilst out!:rolleyes: