Public toilets

flossybeth

I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 yesterday and there was piece about closing public toilets in Bath and it made me think about how lucky we are here because although the toilets here differ in quality there are plenty around. And then today I had cause to use the toilets halfway down Jetty Road in Genelg and I'm amazed I haven't heard about them... they were fully automatic (and there is a ten minute time limit - I was warned) but you don't have to touch anything, it's all lovely blue lighting that you wave your hand in front of and then there was lovely "lift music" to accompany your time in the capsule.

So how can Adelaide get it so right but the UK think it's OK to not have any?

Guest Guest75

The is one in Willunga of all places, very space age on the edge of the reserve. Been there for years. Just seems out of place in such a rural township.

Jeremy vine? Was that live or a podcast? I do miss his shows lots, but haven't found a podcast yet. :-(

If it's his 'Being Human' show, it's available as a podcast:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio2

The BBC iplayer has recently had a makeover, which seems to have resulted in more stuff available and smoother streaming.

Jim

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Half the fun of going to the park for the kids when we first got here was going to the loo :biglaugh:

"It plays music Mum!!"

I love that there are toilets all over the place here, especially at the parks and playgrounds. It makes life so much easier when you have kids! And I also love the fact that they are clean and haven't been trashed (most of the time)

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
The is one in Willunga of all places, very space age on the edge of the reserve. Been there for years. Just seems out of place in such a rural township.

Oi! Leave our loo alone. We're a very hip and happening little township didn't ya know?!? :tongue:

Half the fun of going to the park for the kids when we first got here was going to the loo :biglaugh:

"It plays music Mum!!"

I love that there are toilets all over the place here, especially at the parks and playgrounds. It makes life so much easier when you have kids! And I also love the fact that they are clean and haven't been trashed (most of the time)

Yep that was bit like me yesterday - although I wasn't with anyone so had no-one to share it with! Probably why I had to share it in a post!

We're shortly moving down to Mclaren Vale and their public toilets along the Main Street have to be one of worst we've used since arriving here - so maybe I'll just have to zip along to Wilunga instead.

I listen to Radio 2 online, I have an internet radio but through the computer is just as easy - go to the Radio 2 homepage and "Listen Live".

I have a nice listening routine set up now - Mix FM in the morning for the time checks, Radio Adelaide in the middle of the day because the old ladies make me laugh and Radio 2 any time after 2pm.... It does mean I have pre-breakfast shows at tea time but I like it.

I love listening to Radio 2 all day! I start with Alex Lester from 10.30am and listen all the way through to the end of Ken Bruce. I love my adopted country but I can't STAND the radio here! Our kids know all the Radio 2 jingles and are big fans ofPop-master!

Sorry OP, I have nothing helpful to say about the public toilets although I do know there's one of the high tech one's in Brighton...

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Yep that was bit like me yesterday - although I wasn't with anyone so had no-one to share it with! Probably why I had to share it in a post!

We're shortly moving down to Mclaren Vale and their public toilets along the Main Street have to be one of worst we've used since arriving here - so maybe I'll just have to zip along to Wilunga instead.

Oh the ones on Main Rd are awful, I agree with you on that one. The ones by Coles are good but who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to build a brand new supermarket/shopping centre bit and put the toilets outside and up the top?!? It's like an expedition every time we get in there and one of them pipes up with "I need a wee!" :arghh: